PDA

View Full Version : nova ride height?

Damo
02-12-11, 10:42 AM
Hi guys ever since i bought the nova the driver side front has alway sat lower than the passenger side and when parked on the flat seems to lean. The lowering springs and shocks were brand new too so i ruled out a worn spring and now i swopped to coilovers ive noticed that my passenger side adjuster platform needs to be 10mm lower than the drivers to sit level has anybody else had this problem or is that how the shells were built as ive never noticed this before even on my last nova :confused:.

Any help apreciated.
Damo.

turbojolt
02-12-11, 10:53 AM
Maybe its from ill fitting replacement panels on one side

Damo
02-12-11, 11:16 AM
Possibly but ive since changed the wings again for genuine parts and still the same???

Pistol Pete
02-12-11, 01:47 PM
New coilovers and old shocks will have one thing in common. The same top mount. Might be fubared?

TeddyThom
02-12-11, 02:26 PM
I have this problem with my nova, they are standard shocks and springs... Same reason?

Damo
02-12-11, 05:23 PM
I have this problem with my nova, they are standard shocks and springs... Same reason?
Hmm could be the way the shells are made for the uk roads as they camber off to the left anyway thats what blue_peg16v said once but no 100% on that but ive never noticed it before on other vaux's ive had.

Graeme
02-12-11, 05:29 PM
Its due to the gearbox being lighter than the engine just level the car out on the coilovers

Will F
02-12-11, 07:04 PM
That or the strut top has been rotten/damaged and repaired badly in the past...?

mowgli
02-12-11, 07:12 PM
age, wear & tear, fat bast4rd driver squashed the rh spring etc....

mk1nova_rich
02-12-11, 07:27 PM
Nearly everyone with coilovers will have them set at different heights to compensate this Damo, I wouldnt worry as long as you have checked that all bodywork is intact