PDA

View Full Version : How much camber??

Calamity Josh
01-12-11, 09:12 PM
Would i get on a nova if i run corsa driveshafts and bottom arms, pictures would be great...
thanks in advance- Josh

autoworksnovasport
01-12-11, 10:18 PM
i think its between 2-5 degrees due to the bottom arm being about 7mm longer

mowgli
01-12-11, 11:21 PM
you would also knacker the shafts, as they will be slightly too wide, unless you modify the bottom arms.. you would also need camber bolts, and corsa track rods.

Calamity Josh
02-12-11, 05:33 PM
you would also knacker the shafts, as they will be slightly too wide, unless you modify the bottom arms.. you would also need camber bolts, and corsa track rods.
Surely the shafts would be no worse off than a std nova setup with just exentric topmounts??

mowgli
02-12-11, 06:54 PM
the corsa is wider, the track of the corsa is wider, it uses the same hubs as a nova, thus the shafts are wider..fannying about with the top mponts will not get the hubs any further out. you will need to extend the bottom arms, and then use corsa track rods as they are also longer.

Calamity Josh
02-12-11, 07:41 PM
i meant would the amount the shorter nova shaft would be pushed in on a std nova setup with exentric topmounts not be roughly the same as a corsa shaft , bottom arms and track rods? ( obviously the spacing would be different but i'm curious about the killing shafts issue?)
thanks for the help so far

Benn
02-12-11, 09:58 PM
10mm wider each side, that is a hell of a lot of camber... Why do you wanna run Corsa stuff?

mowgli
02-12-11, 10:09 PM
someone said corsa bottom arms were longer. can't remember by how much.

back to the question josh, having an eccentric top mount will move the top of the strut about, and the strut is 18" long (rough guess), but its at the bottom, where the shaft joins the hub, about 2" above the ball joint where there simply isn't the room to adjust. if you take the distance from the top of the strut to the ball joint, and move the top about 2", the hub will only move about 2-3mm, its simple leverage. the cv joints will be squashed, and either self destruct, or ruin the hubs or the gearbox.

scott.parker
02-12-11, 11:08 PM
Im guessing he wants to go mad with banded steelies (like 9" wide?) and then drop the top edge of the wheel in loads to counter act the amount of width he's adding??

mowgli
02-12-11, 11:09 PM
but why the need for the corsa shafts??

scott.parker
02-12-11, 11:29 PM
Adjustable eccentric mounts and camber bolts would do it IMO.

mowgli
03-12-11, 07:05 AM
scott, if the bottom arm was extended to suit, then yes. but with a std bottom arm, i'd say no.

Calamity Josh
03-12-11, 07:26 AM
So nova shaft, corsa arm, camber bolts and exentric topmounts?