PDA

View Full Version : c20xe manifold

richi
01-12-11, 07:00 PM
trying to get the manifold of how do you get the double threaded screws out properly? some came out where the nut had got stuck so it unscrewed the entire bolt but some are still in there, i need to get them all out because if they are left in place i would have to take the rad out

Lewis.
01-12-11, 07:27 PM
either lock 2 nuts together, and wind them out, or use a proper stud extractor. 2 nuts usually work well enough though

richi
02-12-11, 05:38 PM
Thanks pal seems so obvious now +rep

autoworksnovasport
02-12-11, 06:01 PM
either that or mole grips as close to the head as you can as this thread isnt used anyway

richi
02-12-11, 06:14 PM
just got most out using two nuts but a couple dont have enough thread to get two nuts on so will try with the moles, why do they use these double threaded bolts rather than just using normal bolts and no nuts that would just screw straight into the block, is it something to do with heat?

Lewis.
03-12-11, 03:50 PM
they use studs because its easier to locate the manifold when fitting then. just pop the gasket over the studs, then slip the manifold on and your done. would be a right pain trying to line it up to start the bolts.

richi
04-12-11, 12:12 PM
can anyone be nice and show me a stud extractor on ebay as there is so many, 4 of the studs are truly wedge in and moles dont budge them thanks