PDA

View Full Version : Isuzu 1.7TD enignes?

GP
01-12-11, 03:30 PM
I have just recently got the 1.7TD Isuzu lump dropped into my Corsa B. What else are these capable of apart from the usual half turn at pump, upping boost, the white ring mod in the pump and finally a fmic. Is it worthwhile hybrding the turbo or moving to the 3.1 trooper one? Any other ideas on what to do?

Balley
01-12-11, 04:17 PM
Try 2 turns of the pump and completly remove the actuator. Always works for me. But I am fitted a t25 now..

Count Vaux Alot
01-12-11, 05:30 PM
As Balley said i would swap the turbo for something different if your serious enough (a t25 is a reasonable start) as the original turbo is small and consiquently not worth hybriding and the trooper one isn't much better tbf. The standard manifold can easily be modified and the ports enlarged along with with an adapter plate to take the T2/25 flange.

Balley
01-12-11, 09:43 PM
I am making a custom manifold as space is very, and I mean very tight on a Nova. May need the exhaust to go over the bell housing. The actuator on the t25 is also in the way am am going for an external waste gate and a screamer pipe. Should be different any way :)

GP
01-12-11, 10:18 PM
Is this the same turbo you would find on a 306 dturbo for example? I would be interested in doing this.. but are you talking big money?