PDA

View Full Version : Any Jaguar tech's in???

Bean,
30-11-11, 07:41 PM
I know its not vaux but i have a prob at work with a customers S Type R
Its leaking from the vally pipe under the supercharger.
My prob is i cant get the rear elbow off that bolts to the back of the charger which is covering the last 10mm bolt holding the charger down:grr:. I have removed the 4 10mm bolts and the elbow has sepperated from the charger slightly but there is still something holding the elbow.
Thought it might be the EGR pipe but that is now loose and not the cause.
Acess is very tight down the back and i cant see what to undo to free the elbow off.
Anyone know???

John
30-11-11, 07:47 PM
Nobby is a jag tech, drop him a pm :)

Bean,
30-11-11, 07:59 PM
Cheers mate. Thought he was. lol

Nobby
30-11-11, 08:57 PM
pmd

Bean,
30-11-11, 09:01 PM
tried to pm back lol
There's a split water pipe under it and i've got to change the pully for a smaller one to make it faster. lol
Its nearly off, i just cant get the elbow out the way to get the last bolt out thats holding the charger down. Maybe a fresh head in the morning and it'll come straight off. I was getting very stressed with it. Lol
Think there's a bracket i'm missing but i just cant see it. And the battries have gone in my boroscope. Hopefully i'll crack it in the morning.

basilmk1
01-12-11, 12:03 PM
Hi mate you might of sorted it now, but I had the same problem on an xjr a while ago, theres the 4 10mm on the back of the charger which you sed you've undone, theres also a 10mm which bolts to the block under the elbow/throttle body, I found the easyist way was to split the throttle body and unbolt the loom across the back of the block and pull it to the side, then you can just get at it with a dumpy spanner, youll find its the water hose from the back of the water pump to the throttle body stupid design in my eyes

Bean,
01-12-11, 07:31 PM
Yeah sorted now. that pipe is a stupid idea. There were 2 10mm bolts holding the rear of the elbow in place. Removed the egr valve and got to the one quite easy the other was a right cnut!
Never mind all done now.
Cheers guys

Nobby
02-12-11, 09:49 PM
alright mate only just got my inet back stupid virgin ... seems you did it the way that Jag tells you too lol