PDA

View Full Version : Big brake / 4 pot caliper options under 13" wheels

Olly755
30-11-11, 06:41 PM
Anybody got any ideas on upgrading the brakes on the 1300 rally car?

The car is currently running GTE callipers and discs with Mintex pads. The callipers are shot and need replacing, which are cheap enough, although a general improvement in performance would be preferable: they aren't that great to be honest...

Of course the easy option is to just go bigger wheels and 256mm/280mm discs with calipers to suit. But.... the car is not currently used for serious competition, and is owned and driven more for nostalgia and hopefully for a bit of historic competition stuff when the car becomes eligible. So the 13" group A Revolutions are staying- because it's what the car "should" have!

I don't know what setup the works 1300 cars used- maybe someone could shed some light on this.

I've had a quick google around for 4 pot conversions to suit Nova's on 13" rims, but to no avail.

Anybody got any ideas?

ollysport2011
03-12-11, 01:04 AM
The works cars used ap 4pots under 13s. Thy were developed specially. But these are rare as rocking horse **** these days.
I wud go for astra gsi calipers. Thy are what I used to run to good effect

grichie87
15-12-11, 12:30 AM
Try Hi Spec in dartford they do a 4 pot 280mm set up to fit under a 13 inch wheel

http://www.hispecbrake.co.uk/