PDA

View Full Version : lowering problem!

DUNOVA.
13-07-03, 10:10 PM
Has anyone changed there front springs if so how do you do it and do i have to use a spring compresser?or can i use something else :?

mazza
14-07-03, 08:14 PM
i tried fitting some 60mm gmax springs to my nova yesterday, went tits up!!! got the right front shock off and put the spring clamps on (which you do need) and then started undoing the bolts on the top to take the top of the shock off but it wernt budging. it was rusty like a fiesta and it wasnt budging so we used some of that spray stuff to losen it and we used some scaffold pole on the wrench to turn it. then the sod broke off so i now need to drill the batty thing out. im gonna get some shocks to match the springs now to save me arsing around with the old ones. if you get a haynes manual it has the info you need to get shocks out, pretty hard if your on your own and dont know what your doing, if you havnt got a clue best you get someone to give you a hand that knows what they are doing.

Snowface
14-07-03, 08:42 PM
omg.. lol, a scaffold pole!

dikharvey
15-07-03, 03:40 PM
I have been offered a set of Jamex 60mm springs and shocks. I have a GTE bumper with splitter, and Nova GTE alloys (5J, ET49, 175x65x14).

How will this look and handle. Does anyone have any commentd about the Jamex kits? Any pics of people lowered 60mm with GTE alloys?

Thanks

Gazza14SR
15-07-03, 03:46 PM
i thought i had gone 60 mm but when i saw the splitter was sitting on the floor i reaslised i'd been sold 80 mm springs so the splitters gone now.

It looks good low i think, handles nice too. Makes the wheels look like they fill the arches out more too.

Gaz

Aamir
16-07-03, 09:44 AM
The way I've always changed springs is as follows.....

Remove top bolts = shocker drops down.
Remove bottom bolts = shocker can be completely removed.

Take to local garage who will undo shocker top bolt in seconds with air tools,
change springs around, let garage tighten top bolt again,
cost me ?2, then simply refit to car.

I have done this twice now