PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with 3D TV?????

Tim
27-11-11, 02:09 PM
Looks like its finally time to bin the old antique tv and get up to date with a new telly. Did a bit of window shopping yesterday to get an idea of costs and just generally whats out there, im liking the idea of a 3D tv.

Does anyone have one?

The guy in the shop was obviously trying to get me to buy the biggest and the dearest.

Is it worth going down this route or is it more for the cinema. My initial thougts are that the effect is pretty cool and would make watching movies and sport a good experiance. Me and the mrs dont go out much and like watching films at home.

Just looking for some first hand experiance before i skint myself out and take the plunge.

Whats peoples opinions on this?

Tim

MattBrown
27-11-11, 02:13 PM
My friend has a sony one, I like it, however, theres not much out in 3D atm, but in the near future I feel there will be.

IMO wait till after xmas, they will come down a fair bit in price.

Glasses are annoying after an hour or so too lol

Pete
27-11-11, 02:14 PM
Tesco have a good deal, 42" hd 3d tv, blue ray player and 8 3d glasses for £499 iirc.

Stuart
27-11-11, 02:16 PM
I reckon 3D will be a moot point until they can get them running without glasses. OK its novel going to the cinema to wear the goggles etc but I'd not want to sit at home wearing them (I've not seen a 3D film because I CBA to wear specs lol)

I'd sooner get a better spec TV for the same money, or spend less on a non 3D but same spec as what you've found.
The connectivity part for on demand services is more important imho.

TeddyThom
27-11-11, 02:42 PM
My ex's dad owns a 3D tv, it's alright, but it's not all that, I reckon 2D is a lot more detailed, and the glasses are a major pain the ass after about half hour or so, especially if you have a fat head like myself...

L33 LEG
27-11-11, 03:00 PM
If you were buying a new tv it would be silly not to go 3D, there isnt a lot out for them at the moment but at least you'd be ready for when there is. They're also really cheap for the amount of stuff you get aswell.

Im just waiting for some decent 3D films to come out then il buy the adaptor for my projector, seems to be just animated films at the moment :(

scott.parker
27-11-11, 03:09 PM
IMO dont bother unless you want to play 3D games on your eggbox or ps3..

TeddyThom
27-11-11, 03:22 PM
Im just waiting for some decent 3D films to come out then il buy the adaptor for my projector, seems to be just animated films at the moment :(
I remember watching The Green Hornet on 3d... However that does come under your opinion of "decent films" lol

Adam
27-11-11, 04:20 PM
3d is cool, but not something youd be bothered with day in day out. It makes me feel sick after about 2hours.
Id stick with Stu's opinion here, 3d is more of a "LOOK 3D SPEC" thing to get you buying.
And yeah the glasses are mega annoying.

The offer in Tesco is very good, but you get what you pay for, the tv aint all that and a mate has already took his back within a week due to poor 2d HD picture quality. But saying that you are paying about £300 for a 42" 3d tv after you knock the price of the blu-ray player and glasses off the £499.
Pretty sure it doesnt have freeview HD either, if that bothers you.

There are more and more 3d things coming out each week, Blu-rays etc, and Skys 3d channel has some decent stuff on.

Mike
27-11-11, 04:21 PM
My friend brought a Samsung one, personally I didnt tihnk it was all that what so ever.

turbojolt
27-11-11, 04:22 PM
Tbh I don't want one don't like the idea of sitting about in my front room with glasses on watching a film don't know why but its just appeling.

turbojolt
27-11-11, 04:24 PM
Do the 3d t.v s work well when watching normal films and tv shows, how do they switch between the two?

Mike
27-11-11, 04:32 PM
Do the 3d t.v s work well when watching normal films and tv shows, how do they switch between the two?

Theres a button on the remote & tv to select 3D or 2D viewing.

turbojolt
27-11-11, 04:36 PM
But is the viewing on the 2d comprised when you have a 3d tv

Mike
27-11-11, 04:38 PM
But is the viewing on the 2d comprised when you have a 3d tv

No, why would it be?

There 3D enabled TV's. Doesnt mean everything you watch on them IS in 3D, it just means there equipped for use with 3D channels (Sky 3D for example).

Adam
27-11-11, 05:11 PM
And not all tv's do 2d to 3d upscaling either

Jack
27-11-11, 05:16 PM
I reckon 3D will be a moot point until they can get them running without glasses. OK its novel going to the cinema to wear the goggles etc but I'd not want to sit at home wearing them (I've not seen a 3D film because I CBA to wear specs lol)

I'd sooner get a better spec TV for the same money, or spend less on a non 3D but same spec as what you've found.
The connectivity part for on demand services is more important imho.
This

Fcuk having to wear goggles to watch tv lol What happens if you have three mates come round and you've only got three goggles? Someone has to sit there getting more/less of a headache than the rest of you? lol

Wait a couple years til the non-goggle 3D tech starts filtering down to consumer level then invest. The current stuff IMO is just a fad that will be outdated after a few years.

turbojolt
27-11-11, 06:24 PM
No, why would it be?

Well my thinking was thinking is of its good at 3d that may take away from its 2d capabilities, as when you think about it there not that much more then a new 2d tv

Tim
29-11-11, 11:28 PM
the new tv rocked up yesterday, i decided to go down the 3D route in the end, it comes with an impressive spec list and includes all the features that im likely to need from a tv, full HD 1080p, freeview HD, 2D to 3D upscaling, smart tv with internet connection plus loads more.

i can confirm that the 3D experiance is wicked, i see peoples views on wearing glasses in your own front room to watch the tv, but its something i can live with. i wear glasses anyway, lol.