PDA

View Full Version : coscast head head problems

thegingerwhinger
26-11-11, 04:22 PM
hi ive got an xe and stripped it down for a freshen up over winter, however upon removing the cams to up grade, the cam bearing caps and head is quite badly picked up, ie you can catch your finger nail on the grooves. pics would be handy however im just after some advice as to junk the head?

its worth noting that whoever built up the engine before my posession has mixed up the bearing caps ie putting the inlet cams on the the exhaust side etc

any ideas??

mowgli
26-11-11, 04:50 PM
well, there are engineering companies that will build the metal up & re-machine it but the cost will be huge. i'd guess junking it & finding a new one is the cheapest option, is it ported?

philip
26-11-11, 04:52 PM
if want...drop a text with some pics 07807 040522, can tel you straight away. as for mixing the caps...there numbered so whoever built it last would have to be really stupid to make that mistake.

also depending on how its scored, there a chance can save it. ive seen head with badly scored journals and have been used for thousands of miles and stil being used.

thegingerwhinger
26-11-11, 07:22 PM
as for mixing the caps...there numbered so whoever built it last would have to be really stupid to make that mistake.

your telling me, they must have been completely blind imo. will send you pics tomorrow mate. cheers for replys