PDA

View Full Version : speedo help

AndrewJenkins
26-11-11, 12:19 PM
need some help i have just swapped my standard 1.0 no rev counter clocks for clocks with a rev counter but after swapping the clock speedo gubbings round (to keep my millage) and now testing the speedo im now doing 30 and clock says 20 but also the old clock faces says w=1849 and the new one says w=1810 do i need to change something or have i not put the speedo back together properly all help will be much apprecated as i dont want to drive it like this

+rep to all help :thumb:

Benn
26-11-11, 01:15 PM
That numbering is the gearing. So what you need to go is use the 1lt bits (all of them)

bazil
26-11-11, 01:39 PM
Edit, just use the Gearset for the 1810 speedo and clock it to the correct milage,

Sav F
26-11-11, 03:12 PM
hi there does anyone know how i can go about correcting my mileage on my new gsi guages so that they match the mileage on my standard 1L ones, i dont want to go in blind and mess anything up :( any help would be greatly appreciated (y)

AndrewJenkins
26-11-11, 04:12 PM
hi people i have now tried to put my old speedo back together and its still way out is there something im doing wrong putting the coil and needle back on i think im not putting something back together correctly detailed explaination or pics would be great sorry for being a pain

and when you say the gear set for the 1810 what speedo drive do i need

thanks andreww

pyromaniac_yeti
26-11-11, 07:10 PM
Correcting the mileage, depending on how much needs to be done, i'd get a drill and clamp the end of the speedo cable up in the chuck. then run the drill up and keep an eye on the speedo, run it at whatever the max is still on the gauge so you're not in any danger of breaking anything. It might take a while so if you can lock the drill off at a certain speed then you're set :)

Benn
27-11-11, 11:04 AM
^ screw that, you'll be at it for hours.

You can simple take the clock part and roll the numbers around to correct the miles from the old clocks.

Andrew, you need to every everything you had in it at the start (1lt stuff) and just use the better clocks housings. Taking the needle off can knock the speedo reading out too.

Sav F
30-11-11, 06:52 PM
thank you both for your replies, i did the latter and just took em apart to match the mileage to my previous clocks, was actually really simple :D, also just a general question, how do i go about making a new forum post? do i have to have been a member for a certain amount of time or something cause i cant see where or how to do it anywhere :confused: i dont even know how i set my profile pic on here lol :tard:

Benn
30-11-11, 09:47 PM
Go to right forum, top left there is "post new thread" button, click it, write thread, submit/post thread bottom center.