PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pumps

Curtoise
25-11-11, 01:25 PM
hi all i currently have a 1.4spi nova and am going to put a e16se in it over the next few months. no i hear the spi pump isnt powerfull enough for the MPI system. i have a XE external fuel pump already but my current pump is inside the fuel tank iirc. is there a way i can remove this pump from my tank and plumb in the external one to work properly, or can this only be done on carb tanks?
or is my best bet to get a gte/gsi fuel pump and put it in my tank or swap the whole tank for a gte/gsi one ?!

any help appreciated
cheers:thumb:

swedge
25-11-11, 01:28 PM
easiest way would be like you said to get a gte/gsi tank and use the external pump with it im not sure if you can plum the external pump into the spi tank

im sure you can get a mpi pump from a mk3 astra that is an in tank pump and use that

Curtoise
25-11-11, 01:49 PM
ohhh do the gte/gsi's use external pumps? i thought they were in the tank!?

Old man Jimbo
25-11-11, 01:50 PM
easiest way would be like you said to get a gte/gsi tank and use the external pump with it im not sure if you can plum the external pump into the spi tank

im sure you can get a mpi pump from a mk3 astra that is an in tank pump and use that

Funnily enough the info you require off Bazil and I quote...

Your other option is to use a 1.2 spi nova tank, it has an internal pump mounted from the top of the tank ( where the hole is under the back seat ) and use a MPI pump from a astra mk3 c16se internal pump,

:thumb:

swedge
25-11-11, 02:06 PM
yeah the gsi and gte use an external pump which most people use when doing conversions

and like jimbo/bazil say you can use a mpi intank pump from a mk3 astra

the astra option would be cheaper and easier if you can find one

Old man Jimbo
25-11-11, 02:20 PM
Loads on the bay...

swedge
25-11-11, 02:21 PM
im not sure if the plugs the same or not so if you can get the plug for the pump too

Curtoise
25-11-11, 05:29 PM
right so is that on any mpi astra? as i can go to the scrapper tomoz

Edd
25-11-11, 05:33 PM
Mk3 astra mpi, calibra, early vectra any will do the job