PDA

View Full Version : thinking of getting a new phone?

ryansnova
24-11-11, 07:03 PM
eny idea's? has to be a good smart phone with good battary life ect because i use my phone everyday for stuff ?;)

swedge
24-11-11, 07:05 PM
if you have big hands dont get a blackberry

i spend half my time deleting bits of texts, and they also put the delete key beside the enter key which sends the message :mad:

ryansnova
24-11-11, 07:11 PM
i dont really like blackberys enyway lol

Jack
24-11-11, 07:12 PM
Galaxy S2 is generally considered a good unit.

ryansnova
24-11-11, 07:17 PM
mates got it and the batary is sh*t so he got a upgraded batary that was bigger and it fryed his phone lol

Spudly
24-11-11, 07:19 PM
mates got it and the batary is sh*t so he got a upgraded batary that was bigger and it fryed his phone lol

You will probably find that for its size, spec and power, the battery is actually very good, but with it being a touchscreen, if youre constantly texting and internetting, the screen devours the battery faster than you can say 'my what big teeth you have grandma' lol

turbojolt
24-11-11, 07:23 PM
Dont get a HTC if you want amazing battery life

Jack
24-11-11, 07:30 PM
Get a decent aftermarket battery then and just swap them out as required. I carry 3x spares for my Desire, they last about 90-95% as long as the OEM battery and only cost me £3 each.

I didn't however go for the OMGZ ELEVENTY TRAZILLION-mAh EXTENDED LIFE FOREVER WIN L@@K nova/gsi/gte/sport/turbo etc battery, just a standard power-rated one. lol

As potato said, modern phones are all a trade off with battery usage and function. Sure you could get one that lasts a week on one charge, but it will have buttons and only play snake. LOL

turbojolt
24-11-11, 07:37 PM
I have a desire, we have so much in common jack xxx

Spudly
24-11-11, 07:38 PM
Nokia 5110 ftw LOLz!

lol

wwmnw
24-11-11, 07:55 PM
My old Samsung E1360 slidey things with no camera and not even snake lasted alright on one charge, this Motorola MB220 thingy lasts a day if I use it a lot, but it is touch screen.

Bit slow though but it is old.

Jack
24-11-11, 08:47 PM
Touch it too much and it'll wear out lol

brainsnova
24-11-11, 08:50 PM
iPhone 3GS 16gb

A14n
24-11-11, 08:52 PM
i now use an iphone 4 with the software s update, tis a great asset to have to hand, i do have a samsung galaxy portal on 3 for sale if your interested chap.

shed-on-wheels
24-11-11, 09:22 PM
i use a htc desire hd ok its not the best batery life but by far the best phone ive had

ryansnova
24-11-11, 09:27 PM
thats for the reply's guys i have been looking into the new htc and i quit like the look of it and sounds like a good phone would eny of yous recamend this phone ?lol

shed-on-wheels
24-11-11, 09:29 PM
htc are a good phone buddy so +1 from me lol

ryansnova
24-11-11, 09:33 PM
cheers i do have something to ask? do you get it in white ? lol

Hobbit
24-11-11, 09:38 PM
Galaxy 2 here. i loves it. can even ban people on it :thumb:

brainsnova
24-11-11, 10:11 PM
Galaxy 2 here. i loves it. can even ban people on it :thumb:

Ban me and I'll tell you in a few days if it worked lol

Spudly
24-11-11, 10:14 PM
Ban me and I'll tell you in a few days if it worked lol

I can also ban peeps on my iPhone4, shall i test it lol

wwmnw
24-11-11, 10:19 PM
I can also ban peeps on my iPhone4, shall i test it lol

Yes, on Brian obviously though :)

Hobbit
24-11-11, 10:20 PM
Ah but have you worked out the infractions yet? Or were you just tending when you threatened woowiiwoowaawaatingtangwallawallabingbang? lol

Spudly
24-11-11, 10:23 PM
I knows how to make the screen image big enough for my sausage fingers to click the fraction button, but i was never any good at fractions as a kid lol

Bubba
24-11-11, 10:23 PM
i just bought an htc hero (im so upto date its unreal) and its much better than the X10 mini pro ive got...even with my fat finges

Hobbit
24-11-11, 10:26 PM
fractions are easy... if you take 1 third of a pie away how much is left... mmm pie.

wwmnw
24-11-11, 10:26 PM
Ah but have you worked out the infractions yet? Or were you just tending when you threatened woowiiwoowaawaatingtangwallawallabingbang? lol

lol

I told the witch doctor I was in love with you.
I told the witch doctor I was in love with you.
And then, the witch doctor, he told me what to do.
He said that,
Oh e, oh ah ah, ting tang walla walla bing bang,
Oh e, oh ah ah, ting tang walla walla bing bang.
Oh e, oh ah ah, ting tang walla walla bing bang,
Oh e, oh ah ah, ting tang walla walla bing bang.

Gonna be stuck in my head all night now :cry:

Stuart
24-11-11, 10:48 PM
I'd sooner max TJ's rep out than get an HTC device EVER again.

That new Nokia looks rather spangly, and winmo7 looks rather nice too (not that I'd want to own)
Having played with the latest crop of BB's they are good, but certainly not worth the money places seem to be asking for them :( (it was cheaper for the Mrs to get an iPhone 4s than upgrade to the BB Bold 9900 lol )
While I dont really want to, I'll be defecting to the ghey side of the phone market and getting an Iphone :( Not a fan of Android, BB's are dull again and the only Nokia I would actually want to own it a 6310i

Lee H
24-11-11, 11:37 PM
IPhone 4 here, can't fault it, battery lasts a day with heavy use, just stick it on charge every night.

pyromaniac_yeti
25-11-11, 02:16 AM
iPhone 4s - awesome bit of kit.

Only thing i cant do is link photos from my FB account to my project thread here otherwise i'd never use a PC again...

Tim
25-11-11, 06:28 AM
Samsung galaxy s here. Its a good bit of kit. Makes the mrs iphone3 look like a toy. Can do everything hers can and more. Battery life is a bit poo.But i plug it in the van so not really an issue for me. Ill be looking for the new samsung come upgrade time.

Pistol Pete
25-11-11, 07:20 AM
I have a HTC Desire S. Good phone. Had an iPhone before. IMO the HTC is better.

Edd
25-11-11, 09:32 AM
Dont get a HTC sensation lol they are rubbish

Galaxy s2 here, probably would of got another iphone if they bought out they 5 instead of they 4s

Mazz
25-11-11, 03:03 PM
Just got a HTC wildfire S and i love, much better than my iPoo 3gs - battery is crap if you hammer all day and the internal memory is shocking, but an 8gig microSD sorts that..

Riggy
25-11-11, 05:27 PM
iPhone 4s - awesome bit of kit.

Only thing i cant do is link photos from my FB account to my project thread here otherwise i'd never use a PC again...

download pb app . then just copy the links as you would copy and paste anything on iphone

ive got a 4s at the min, battery last me about 3/4 day , but i am on 3g internet all day at work lol

Stuart
25-11-11, 06:14 PM
Dont get a HTC sensation lol they are rubbish

Galaxy s2 here, probably would of got another iphone if they bought out they 5 instead of they 4s

Bet you'd have got the latest one if it was called the 5 then lol

turbojolt
25-11-11, 06:28 PM
People were stupi dthinking the 5 was coming, there has always been a standing in before the next iPhone come out why would the 4 be any different lol

TeddyThom
26-11-11, 03:27 AM
Not many mentions of the iPhone 4s... I'm sorely tempted myself to grab one. Been playing about with a galaxy S2 as well, and I really don't like the actual phone, it's well thin and light, and I'd forget it was in my pocket and smash the granny out of it with my keys or whatever... So me thinks the iPhone 4s is a winner for me...

Benn
26-11-11, 08:19 AM
Dont get a HTC if you want amazing battery life

Really? I get a full day (unplugged at 7:30am lasts till 10pm) on my Desire HD, that's surfing and playing games at work plus txting all day.

Do you use a app/task killer?

gtachorley
28-11-11, 01:17 PM
I work at a phone shop and to be honest if you want a battery life of any more than 2 days (without spare battery e.c.t) there is no point going for a full touchscreen be it an Android phone or an I Phone. Go for a Nokia for battery life I would recommend a Nokia C3-01!!

brainsnova
28-11-11, 01:34 PM
Charging a iPhone and such like everyday is the norm unless you only use it as a phone with all the data / wifi switched off