PDA

View Full Version : how do i get around putting bigger brakes on a nova help?????

nova turbo kev
22-11-11, 09:48 PM
ive tryed putting some v6 brakes on my nova but the pedal goes straight to the floor is there anything i can do to stop this ive got the gsi brake servo on but the pedal still goes to the floor any ideas cheers :thumb:

Graeme
22-11-11, 09:51 PM
Have you bled them up with new fluid? Mine feel great with Ate super blue flid available from Euro car parts

autoworksnovasport
22-11-11, 10:03 PM
silly question but have you got them on the correct side ie bleed nipple at the top of the calliper as they will fit upside down (will just release fluid asif they are bled but the caliper is still full of air) have had a few people bring cars in with same problem and this has been the problem

Stuart
22-11-11, 11:29 PM
V6 stuff is hideous for pedal travel.

Servo means nothing.
I'd change to cav turbo 288mm calipers instead of the V6 ones.
That or drop to 256mm discs and fit proper spec brake pads :D

Jack
23-11-11, 07:39 AM
V6 calipers are fine, you get a bit of travel but they shouldn't go straight to the floor.

As said, check they're on the right way up and bled properly.

Nobby
23-11-11, 02:16 PM
ye what phil said sounds like you have calipers on wring way possibly, swap em ova and re bleed them

davie_slim
24-11-11, 08:50 AM
Pedal play is terrible with them, you could change them for the 284mm cavalier turbo/saab 900t calipers which have a different sized piston and return some of the feeling back, other than that 288mm calibra turbo calipers make it even worse, you could add inline brake pressure regulators

Damo
26-11-11, 06:59 PM
You may have a knacked master cylinder if you have pump the pedal straight to the floor as you can twist the seals very common in most older vaux's and gives the same syptoms your describing.

mowgli
26-11-11, 07:07 PM
have you got the rears adjusted up?

John
26-11-11, 08:51 PM
as per stuarts post, use the cav turbo set up with smaller pistons.

joff-turbo-nova
27-11-11, 08:00 AM
Have you tried adjusting the linkage just above the pedal as well .

Remove clevis pin and wind up the threads a bit and see if it makes much difference - be careful - if you adjust too much your brakes will be on all the time !

Joff