PDA

View Full Version : Distributor fitting

witwicky
20-11-11, 01:56 PM
Hi,

I got a distributor last week from H&H ignition solutions, but i have a problem with it.

It wont fit into the cam since their appears to be some sort of ball bearing located in the end of the camshaft or the locating pin on the dizzy is too long.

I would obviously rather not cut the locating pin on the new dizzy, so is there any way i can remove this ball from the cam so that it all fits together?

Thanks

Chris.

witwicky
20-11-11, 09:26 PM
Anyone?

garyc
20-11-11, 10:42 PM
Engine type may help?

witwicky
21-11-11, 12:55 AM
16se, but running bike carbs.

Steve0011
21-11-11, 01:14 AM
the cam you have is from a coilpack version, i had the same issue when swapping over to dizzy. the only way is to swap the cam, the ball bearing will be difficult to drill out as its is tougher than the cam its self, you could see if an engineering company could do it but you need to remove the cam anyway, so you might as well swap it out maybe even upgrade the cam.

garyc
21-11-11, 02:46 PM
I thought the ball bearings were in the centre of the cam where the oilways are drilled? Might be best to post up a picture just in case.

thegingerwhinger
21-11-11, 02:57 PM
I thought the ball bearings were in the centre of the cam where the oilways are drilled? Might be best to post up a picture just in case.

it is, i normally just use a long punch to knock the ball bearing out, i just unbolt the cam sprocket bolt and puch the ball bearing out the other end. make sure you have a good o ring on the dizzy drive though.

Steve0011
21-11-11, 08:13 PM
i tried everything the bearing just would'nt budge, anyway it was a good excuse to uprate to a piper cam :)

witwicky
21-11-11, 09:13 PM
My cam seems to be closed at the other end :lol: allready tried the long drift idea :(

Spoke to h&h today and they recon you can drift the bearing in a bit further?

ps, i work for an engineering company :)

witwicky
21-11-11, 09:47 PM
ok, hitting it in further with a hammer works perfectly :D :lol:

garyc
22-11-11, 10:31 AM
If the ball is in the centre of the cam then you need to drill the end of the cam as the drive pin will be offset from the centre.