PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 rear windows wont go up or down...

Stuart
20-11-11, 01:50 PM
Any vag folks about (John isnt about lol )?

Friends have got a 56 plate 5dr A3 and the rear windows slowed right down and wont move at all now, one is shut and the other is about 6" from the top of closed.
I've read lods about the front windows failing but nothing about the rears.... do the rears suffer the same clip breaking problem?

L14MNP
20-11-11, 04:52 PM
I would imagine the rear would have the same crappy plastic clips on the regs. That being said though, surely a 56 plate should have the newer style, uprated items fitted?

FFS, my mates Y reg Bora (years ago) had the regs upgraded for nowt by VW. When one failed, I though the passenger front glass had been sucked out at about 100. lol

I assume you have recommended your mates to unbolt/drill out? the reg and prop/tape the windows up? Even the one that is fully up could end up dropping itself. It happens. lol

On the upside (imo) a Golf like that should have exterior door skins that are removable? Different to work on, that's for sure LOL.

John
20-11-11, 05:18 PM
can you hear the regs clicking? not really seen any common faults with rear windows, but it's unusual that they've both failed at the same time? The exterior skins aren't removeable like on a mk5 golf.

Stuart
20-11-11, 06:22 PM
Not sure if it was both, deffo one side though.

I've not had the card near me so cant tell otherwise.
Do they use the same parts as the front interms of regs/clips etc?