PDA

View Full Version : DVLA/V5 changing

Pistol Pete
20-11-11, 10:20 AM
For those that have done it, can you just walk in with the correct paperwork and get it sorted? Or do you have to go on a certain day??

Anyone know the drill. Bristol is my nearest office.

Andy
20-11-11, 11:34 AM
Go in with a receipt for you engine stating what it is and what its out of,write in the changes section,and hand it over.You may aswell do it when you tax it.
They will give you a tax disc for the correct class so its legal there and then.

Pistol Pete
20-11-11, 11:36 AM
Will have to be a letter from the garage doing the MOT. Can't remember the reg of the astra it came out of. But letter and MOT should suffice. I hope lol

Andy
20-11-11, 11:56 AM
I wrote my receipt out in the car park lol

Spudly
20-11-11, 12:30 PM
I didnt bother with any of that, drove my 1.2 registered 2.0 to the dvla local office, took the taxdisc out in the carpark and wandered in with that, the MOT cert and my V5.

£34 extra and about 20 mins later, i walked out with a new taxdisc with the correct tax rate on it and my V5 was on its way to swansea to be altered:thumb:

Jack
20-11-11, 03:56 PM
Letter and MOT will be fine. All the letter needs to say is confirmation of engine size, engine number xyz fitted to car blah blah.

Just go in with the usual docs for tax as well and it'll all get sorted over the counter. They'll give you the tax to put in the car and send off the V5C to Swansea - you should find it comes back in a couple of weeks or so, as it seems to be a bit quicker than posting it yourself.