PDA

View Full Version : Gaz rear coilovers

Acerliam
18-11-11, 08:39 PM
Right I put my gaz rear coilovers on last week and trial fitted my alloys cav expression and they touching the coil , if any has had this promblm , what mm spacers do you put on ?

Thanks

Pistol Pete
18-11-11, 08:46 PM
Are the spring seats all the way down?? If not, wind them down. Compressed spring maybe part of the rubbing.

scott.parker
18-11-11, 08:49 PM
Is this with the car on stands or on the ground?

Acerliam
18-11-11, 08:50 PM
It is actual the lip of the rim that is catching the spring of the coilover, so I think I need to space the wheel out slightly

scott.parker
18-11-11, 08:53 PM
As my post mate, have you got the car on the ground? i cant see it happening my self, as Ive got wheels as wide, and had wider on with rear coilovers.

Scott

Edd
18-11-11, 08:56 PM
I had lots of trouble with gaz rear coilovers

Rubbing on the inner arch and numerous wheels took them off in the end

scott.parker
18-11-11, 08:58 PM
I had lots of trouble with gaz rear coilovers

Rubbing on the inner arch and numerous wheels took them off in the end

Thats it then they must just be ****, glad i know now lol

Acerliam
18-11-11, 09:01 PM
I am just going to get 20mm spacers then machine in down so it's just away from the coilover

Pistol Pete
18-11-11, 09:22 PM
So...is the car on stands or on the ground???

Surely a 5mm spacer will be enough?

Acerliam
18-11-11, 09:36 PM
Yhh I surpose I will measure it when I
Got tyres on the alloys

Pistol Pete
18-11-11, 09:49 PM
LMFAO.....so its on stands then?

Acerliam
18-11-11, 10:01 PM
nah its on 13" steelies

MARTIN KELSON
18-11-11, 10:08 PM
You may want to try it on the ground before you mess too much.

You will be surprised how much it all moves when on the ground. Get tyres on then evaluate if there is still a problem :)

You in Market Drayton, Shropshire??

Martin

Acerliam
18-11-11, 10:10 PM
Is on the ground on the original 13" alloys atm , Yhh mate

MARTIN KELSON
18-11-11, 10:21 PM
Have you actually when on the ground lay on the floor & looked at clearance?

When i first fitted mine i thought the same, but once on the ground it all moves & hey presto!

Other thing, did you say it was the spring collar rubbing? If so, if brand new get Gaz to swap spring for shorter version, move collar up & get clarance required.

Not far from you then in Telford :)

Acerliam
18-11-11, 10:24 PM
No mate not yet , oh right , yhh the lip of the alloys it touching the coil , oh right well i will see when i get tyres on them ,

Oh right good , have to have a look at your at one point mate :)

MARTIN KELSON
18-11-11, 10:31 PM
I personally would get tyres fitted and get them on the car. Lower car onto the floor then look underneath & see if you still have issues. I will be very supprised if you do, unless your fitting baloon tyres of course.

Mine tucked up in garage for the winter, but maybe next year. I have a mate who lives in Drayton & my engine was built on Rosehill Ind Est by Drayton so i am accosionally that direction.

Acerliam
18-11-11, 10:34 PM
well i done now for this year now , so in the new year i will be getting tyres on it , ill see how it is and it touching i will fit a couple of mm spacers on it

Oh right good, oh right , dont know where that is , oh right coool