PDA

View Full Version : Heating

pyromaniac_yeti
18-11-11, 03:33 PM
Cant get it to be any more than ever so slightly warm.

Cant find any info on a bleed screw or anything, and it should from what i read be self bleeding anyway!! The late night blood runs are ****ing horrible at the minuite - two coats, gloves and im still cold!

The blowers work and the temp adjust knob does make it blow cold when its set to cold.

Any ideas?

Iain
18-11-11, 04:16 PM
What's the engine temp doing? Look normal?

I know the mk2 cables can snap or dislocate stopping it from adjusting temperature properly.

pyromaniac_yeti
18-11-11, 04:24 PM
Engine temp reads between 1/4 to 1/2 way up the gauge depending on how long i've been in stationary traffic for, generally sits around 1/3 of the way up the gauge during normal driving. Has been this way scince i've had it, and the water in the header bottle is by touch as warm as i'd expect it to be.

How would i get at the heater cables? looking at it you cant just pull the panel off like you could on the MK1 to get at it all

nova_saloon
18-11-11, 06:22 PM
properbly need taking out and proper flushing out! like use a hose through it backwards. possibly leaving a weak mix of caustic soda in it for 5 mins.

pyromaniac_yeti
18-11-11, 06:36 PM
Is there a guide for pulling the matrix out??

MK999
18-11-11, 07:35 PM
Double check the cables, if you reach into the dash under the steering wheel along the heater matrix you will be able to feel a cable. It didn't have any problems getting warmer than my last nova when I had it so if the temp reads ok and it feels warm then it's most likely something to do with the direction of the air.

nova_saloon
18-11-11, 07:49 PM
literally, remove that centre console if you have one that goes over the gear stick. and there are four hex screws holding the bottom plastic on, two at the back (pain in the ****) and two at the front, drop the panel, make sure the hoses are disconnected in engine bay and just pull it out, shouldn't be any screws holding the matrix in. but as said check the cables first, just move them whilst looking under the dash, should be on the black bit we were just talking about on the passenger side! simples!

pyromaniac_yeti
18-11-11, 11:10 PM
Its the cable.

However when i tried to glue it back to where it was supposed to be all i succeeded in was gluing my hair to the mixing stick and wasting half a tube of araldite. :tard:

nova_saloon
19-11-11, 12:33 AM
niiiice, well least its a simple fix, mine broke once, i just roughed up the plastic and moulded a chunk of magic metal and covered it, worked a charm :)