PDA

View Full Version : Sill replacement.

pyromaniac_yeti
14-11-11, 04:26 AM
Would it be okay to use a sill off a MK1 on my mk2? sills rotten as anything and i've jacked it up to have a patch someone else has put in and fillered over smash inwards!!

Was thinking to cut a sill repair panel out of teddys MK1 breaker, clean it up, cut the duff metal out of my MK2 and then patch over it, skim of filler, underseal the **** out of it & then get some grey paint and go over it.

Are there going to be any issues with doing this? I've not done bodywork welding before, but i've got to learn somewhere. Can set the welder up, i've watched and learned how to patch things up (my old volvo, mini and a transit chassis) how hard can it be? worst case is i have to go buy the replacement panel and take it down the bodyshop anyway right? :thumb:

swedge
14-11-11, 06:19 AM
Mk1 and mk2 sills are the same are ou replacing the full sill or patching? Sills aren't that dear I'd just buy a replacement dill and use that

christurboo
14-11-11, 10:40 AM
as said above i payed £35 for a pair from auto panels may aswell just buy them

Steve0011
14-11-11, 10:46 AM
yep, fully agree with above :) take into account cutter wheel usage getting the old ones off + your time.

Andy
14-11-11, 11:09 AM
You have more chance of knitting fog than getting an old sill off straight or usable,for the sake of about £12 why bother?!!

Alex J
14-11-11, 01:12 PM
You have more chance of knitting fog than getting an old sill off straight or usable,for the sake of about £12 why bother?!!this