PDA

View Full Version : how easy is it to take out a nova window screen and boot window

nova turbo kev
13-11-11, 12:25 PM
i just want to no if theres anyway of taking them out with out without breaking them or cutting the rubber???????? :confused:

Southie
13-11-11, 12:31 PM
Push from the inside out starting at a corner at the top. Whilst you are pushing the glass pull the rubber inside in towards the middle of the glass and over the metal lip that retains it all. Keep working away up and down each side next to the corner gradually getting it to ease outwards. Move to the other top corner as the glass starts to come out. Be patient and dont overdo it or try hitting it. Screw drivers are ok but you got to be very careful as they can introduce point loading on the edge of the glass= nasty crack. The windscreen is the worst - the rest aren't too bad

;)

Tim
13-11-11, 02:45 PM
ive tried taking the front screen out on 3 novas now and have never been successful, the rear screen is a doddle, if i were you id try and find a screen fitter willing to remove it for you, pay some cash, job done.

paul james
13-11-11, 02:49 PM
Its so easy to break the windscreen when trying to remove it. I cracked mine with my thumb, wasn't even pushing hard at all, I was very surprised.

Are you trying to take it out in one piece to paint the car then? as if so what I did was to run a thick power cable under the rubber seal, which lifted it up enough to spray paint under nicely.

nova turbo kev
13-11-11, 04:28 PM
yeah im wanting to take it out to spray the car but the power cable sounds like a good idea better than breaking the screen ill try that cheers

brucer
13-11-11, 08:49 PM
check the articles section, theres a guide there

Jon_nova1
14-11-11, 08:30 PM
you need to push the rubbers to the other side on the windscreen then carefully take it out, its got guey stuff in it so either use a flat palm to push or some suckers

bazil
14-11-11, 08:44 PM
check the articles section, theres a guide there

Or check your sig for the link lol