PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy Nova On Gumtree

Markd89
13-11-11, 11:58 AM
Recently emeailed someone on gumtree about a nova which was cheap, got an email back this was the reply :

Hi , sry for the late reply but I was tied up with work outside of town. Would u agree with delivery ? because as I've mentioned I'm caught out of town with work commitments and I had left the car to a local courier this morning at my expense incl the shipping costs. If u agree with delivery I'll wait ur shipping address, delivery date preference & phone number as the agent will ring you with few minutes before delivering.
The car will get to u in approx 24 hours. You'll have to inspect and void the shipment if something's wrong and the courier will take it back if you don't sign for it, but everything is like I described so there shouldn't be any problems. For payment you'll need cash in hand. Thx, Samantha

This is the nova - http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/16-gsi-vauxhall-nova/91410365

turbojolt
13-11-11, 12:06 PM
Gumtree is full of these cons

Spudly
13-11-11, 12:16 PM
I recognise that reg number, id say theyre old pics and they have just been used by a scammer, how could they possibly know what to pay for shipping via courier before they even know where theyre sending it LOL!

Besides i think thats already been broken tbf, possibly by Porter lol

Scratch that last comment, i knows why i know that car, it used to be local to me and if the engine aint been messed with then it has a blydenstein head on it and was running about 120bhp, was owner by a lass who is an accountant for the local vaux dealership!

Markd89
13-11-11, 12:20 PM
Besides i think thats already been broken tbf, possibly by Porter lol

was thinking this, or maybe novarally

turbojolt
13-11-11, 12:21 PM
Wow its got a 'engine cam'

Spudly
13-11-11, 12:23 PM
See my edit, i know that car, used to have miglia spiders in 16" and was running a pulsar type bonnet scoop the same as Joff's!

shed-on-wheels
14-11-11, 01:02 AM
thats my old car!!! was scrapped along time ago!!!

LEWI007
14-11-11, 01:12 AM
Caught out then !

PNG Boys ontop cracking down once again lol

shed-on-wheels
14-11-11, 01:13 AM
^^^ lol it was a nail the chassi legs were split and iirc one was twisted

brainsnova
14-11-11, 02:22 AM
It's still red on the docs lol

Spudly
14-11-11, 12:56 PM
Its still on SORN too, did you buy it from a lass in Hull then, shed-on-wheels?

Markd89
14-11-11, 01:26 PM
cant believe someone one actually tried and sell it

shed-on-wheels
14-11-11, 01:37 PM
i bought it from the auctions years ago before i had a license as a project sort of thing it was still a 1.0 when i had it in flame pink i then realised i was to young and it went on ebay as spares or repair a guy came from up north way iirc and bought it he then told me 3 weeks later its getting scrapped due to chasi beeing split and twisted

turbojolt
14-11-11, 01:41 PM
Lmfao brilliant lol, I don't understand what the con is trying to do tbh?

Jack
14-11-11, 05:13 PM
Lmfao brilliant lol, I don't understand what the con is trying to do tbh?
What most cons are doing, rip someone out of money. lol

Interesting that its scrapped but still on SORN. Thats going to be a pain to keep doing.

Spudly
14-11-11, 05:17 PM
I think whoever told you it was scrapped was telling you BS, im 100% certain its my mates mrs old car, she was driving it as a daily around 2006 when i had my xe nova!

Oh and as for keeping it on SORN after scrapping Jack, i know someone who has an SR on SORN after scrapping, simply because they have lost the v5 for it and wont pay £25 for a new one just to scrap it, so every year when the reminder comes through it gets re-SORN'ed online, not much of a pain and done in minutes lol

Andy
14-11-11, 05:53 PM
I think whoever told you it was scrapped was telling you BS, im 100% certain its my mates mrs old car, she was driving it as a daily around 2006 when i had my xe nova!

Oh and as for keeping it on SORN after scrapping Jack, i know someone who has an SR on SORN after scrapping, simply because they have lost the v5 for it and wont pay £25 for a new one just to scrap it, so every year when the reminder comes through it gets re-SORN'ed online, not much of a pain and done in minutes lol
Report the **** stolen-done lol
YHPM btw