PDA

View Full Version : dont forget 11am today

Alex J
11-11-11, 10:44 AM
Once-in-a-lifetime Remembrance Day. At 11am on the 11th day of the 11th month in 2011 we will be remembering those who were willing to lay down their lives for their country.
http://glowstars.net/images/post/poppy.jpg

turbojolt
11-11-11, 10:49 AM
My brother passes out from the army today aswell so proud of him and everyone else who has and is currently fighting to protect this country

Andy
11-11-11, 11:06 AM
im surprised this thread is allowed on the internet in england
fukkin sh1thole we live in.

Jeff16v
11-11-11, 11:08 AM
I'm remembering 1 Para and those that fell in September 1944 at Arnham - My dad is ex-1 Para

Andy
11-11-11, 11:10 AM
Im remembering everybody that fought for this once great britain.

turbojolt
11-11-11, 11:12 AM
The country isn't a complete **** whole, its full of a rich history and heritage its just being let down by the left wing liberal faggits that keep gaining controlling over it.

Andy
11-11-11, 11:12 AM
The country isn't a complete **** whole, its full of a rich history and heritage its just being let down by the left wing liberal faggits that keep gaining controlling over it.
nuff said

turbojolt
11-11-11, 11:20 AM
I'm not going to argue, r.i.p to everyone that served to protect this country

Alex J
11-11-11, 11:27 AM
im surprised this thread is allowed on the internet in england
fukkin sh1thole we live in.AMEN to that!

mowgli
11-11-11, 11:37 AM
please lets stop talking the country down. i have great respect for anyone prepared to risk life & limb without question.. twice in the last hundred years, people have considered it their duty to do this. the causes might have been political, but the way the soldiers fought was not.

Andy
11-11-11, 11:43 AM
please lets stop talking the country down. i have great respect for anyone prepared to risk life & limb without question.. twice in the last hundred years, people have considered it their duty to do this. the causes might have been political, but the way the soldiers fought was not.

Dont get me wrong,i have loads of respect for soldiers past and present.

mowgli
11-11-11, 11:45 AM
i really hate people complaining about the decline of this country. we all have a vote & we can make choices. ok there is a lot that is wrong, but the people aren't any different.

Andy
11-11-11, 11:49 AM
I think alot more than a vote is needed mike,theyre all as bad as each other.
Why should some jumped up ponse in a blue tie have so much say over what goes and what doesnt,they say theyre for the public and tbqh they dont give a monkeys about the public.
They need to regulate so many things as energy companies and insurers are just charging what they want,whereas if me or thee tried the same trick with our customers they would tell us to go to fukk!

mowgli
11-11-11, 11:53 AM
andy, insurance has always been expensive, so has energy. what has happened is that the govt allowed people to think they were well off, when they weren't. now everythings coming home to roost..

and you can't tell me that you don't know the competitors rates.. all businesses do, they have been fixing prices since money was invented.

Andy
11-11-11, 11:59 AM
andy, insurance has always been expensive, so has energy. what has happened is that the govt allowed people to think they were well off, when they weren't. now everythings coming home to roost..

and you can't tell me that you don't know the competitors rates.. all businesses do, they have been fixing prices since money was invented.
Energy has never been so expensive,thats a fact.
Petrol and diesel have never been so expensive-another fact.
Insurance has increased,i'd hate to be 17 and have to buy a car to commute to work,theyre paying obscene amounts.
Of course i know competitors rates,thats why im competitive! lol Seriously though,overheads relentlessly increase but try putting in an increased price on jobs and you will have wrapped in after 2 months.

mowgli
11-11-11, 12:10 PM
we spent 10 years with a govt. that preached low income taxes, but put loads of tax on everything else. go back 20 years, and it was simple, if you couldn't afford a car, you didn't have one, i biked round a lot.. when i was earning, i spent a lot on insurance, cos it was expensive then.. but it came down quite quickly, insurance companies are smart & since they computerised everything, the true state of peoples insurance records are available, and they know damned well what to charge so they can make more money for themselves.. a couple of weeks ago, some kid pranged my touran's back bumper, it cost £2.5k to put right!!! these things are expensive, so why should insurance be cheap...oh the kid was in a vtec, doing crazy mph in the town..i was stationary... i think insurance is about right....

Jack
11-11-11, 01:17 PM
Insurance companies are just that, companies. Companies have to make a profit (and apparently improve profits year on year. Gotta love capitalism lol). In a business that does absolutely nothing but shuffle money around, you can't improve profits by reducing material/production/etc costs, so you have to increase consumer purchase price.

Thats all beside the point of this thread really though. lol

The next 11/11/11 11:11 will be in 1000 years time. Wonder if they'll still be doing the 2 minutes silence then!

mowgli
11-11-11, 02:05 PM
Jack, it'll be 100 years..

People gave their lives so that we could have arguments about the state of this country..

Pete
11-11-11, 03:14 PM
RIP to all those that fought for us.

I agree with mowgli tho, we are entitled to argue about or country and that's what soldiers fought for. To have freedom of speech. We all moan about things but I'm just grateful that we still live in this country regardless of whether it's on a decline/incline.

Tanya.
11-11-11, 04:22 PM
R.I.P to all that fought and died for this country.

I work in a shopping centre and it was quite sad seeing the amount of people that just ignored the silence. Most shops carried on serving and pretty much the only people that stood and were silent was the older generation.

turbojolt
11-11-11, 04:43 PM
Britishgas sent out a mass message to all its workers reminding them off it, and had all there call centers stop for it aswell

mowgli
11-11-11, 05:16 PM
I hope they sent it using something better than how they send out e bills

Hobbit
11-11-11, 05:17 PM
I was just pulling off the m1 at 11 so found the first layby and parked up for the last bit.

Also put a massive poppy on Lucy Poppy, was holding out putting it on till she got a wash but not had a chance this week :(

ratboy
11-11-11, 05:20 PM
i sound the alarms at work at the start then again after 2 min,
just annoys me you can always here someone yaking away :(

Andy
11-11-11, 05:35 PM
People gave their lives so that we could have arguments about the state of this country..
I honestly dont know how you can say that,do you know any WW2 veterans still alive??
My grandad is 89 this dec and he says they fought to stop foreign invasion and european dictatorship,in 2011 our government is dictated to by aload of EU fukkwits (no,not extreme,i know) and our country is over-run with immigrants.............
He,understandably is very angry...........

mowgli
11-11-11, 05:57 PM
my grandad on my mums side was one of 10, my gran was one of 14, i have stacks of elderly relatives. ask an east german or pole what it was like under communism, that is very similar to what we would have got..

Edd
11-11-11, 06:27 PM
People have given up caring about those in ww 2 as Andy says all they fought against has now happened

Blair and Brown fcuked up big time by letting use be invaded by million and millions of europeans

Sadly they cant/wont be sent back, more will arrive

The country is well and truely fcuked thanks to Labour and will only get worse

mowgli
11-11-11, 08:15 PM
i'll let you into a secret, there is a damn good reason why those millions of europeans are over here.. they are employed.

nobody is owed anything in life, the older generations put up with hardships that we will never see, we have never had life so easy, we aren't rationed, or being shot at.

turbojolt
11-11-11, 10:17 PM
i'll let you into a secret, there is a damn good reason why those millions of europeans are over here.. they are employed.

nobody is owed anything in life, the older generations put up with hardships that we will never see, we have never had life so easy, we aren't rationed, or being shot at.

I've been shot at twice in my life lol, and your right about the older generations we don't realise how good we have it everything seems to he taken for granted.

mowgli
11-11-11, 10:35 PM
only twice?

Andy
11-11-11, 10:38 PM
spud and baxters guns dont count btw

turbojolt
11-11-11, 10:45 PM
Yer unbelievable I know lol

Spudly
12-11-11, 02:51 PM
I was in the DVLA local office at 11 yesterday and was very impressed that the staff announced they were doing the two minutes silence and would be stopping everything and turning off the phones too!