PDA

View Full Version : Amp Remote lead,

Neil.
12-07-03, 01:58 AM
right, my amp is getting now power, if the remote lead is not working properly does it mean NO power goes to the amp wat so eva?
Ive got a LED that says wen power is going to it, it never comes on when i put the remote lead on? any other ideas? All fuses are fine.

epo
12-07-03, 08:09 AM
have u checked if uve got 12v going down the remote wire also id check if uve got 12v at the perminat then check the continuty of ur earth 2 make sure thats gud then u can rule out ne breaks in the wires!

Ballsy
12-07-03, 05:43 PM
i dont think the remote lead has 12 volt does it?? that seems a wee bit much, just do basically what epo_sri says and get a multi meter and check ur getting power to the positive teminal of the amp etc, if thats ok then the chances are that theres somthing wrong with the speaker wire to the amp

Ballsy

adam2472
13-07-03, 08:42 PM
Think the remote leads runs 5V.. what amp have u got n0va?

Fergie_sfc
13-07-03, 10:05 PM
link rem lead to the nutural lead on head unit.then it'll work. lead should b thin and blue, called p.con wire. tells amp when to turn on and off.

fergie.

Nova-Boy
14-07-03, 08:28 AM
If you want to check your remote the use a multimeter as mentioned to check for voltage. And if you want to check your perm live do the same.

If your head unit isn't producing a remote signal than you can put a lil link in from your permenant live to your remote input with an inline switch it if your desperate. Then you just have to go into your boot every time you want to turn your amp on/off! :roll:

mikeoxford
20-07-03, 05:46 PM
remote lead IS 12v but its a VERY tiny amperage.

Neil.
27-07-03, 01:41 AM
i replaced with remote lead with another one, it worked for a bit then stopped again! its annoying me now, so i had to put a wire from the power on the amp straight to the remote connection. got my instal out now anyway so it dont matter.

Nova-Boy
28-07-03, 12:08 PM
good lad. nice to see my dodgy advice taken! lol