PDA

View Full Version : Any tips?? - Removing interior carefully

G-nova
10-11-11, 11:57 PM
I'm in the process of removing my interior but I don't want to break anything lol.
I have already broken the seat rail covers :cry: Any tips or tricks when removing interior would be much appreciated Thanks Lads:thumb:

Andy
11-11-11, 12:01 AM
theres only them what break easily really

brainsnova
11-11-11, 01:04 AM
To not break the seat runners there's tiny plastic pins to tap right down out the runners first before lifting them. The rest is unbreakable unless your a gorilla.

Connor
11-11-11, 01:12 AM
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/151/9/4/funny_gorilla_by_gb4life-d3hpco4.jpg
lol lol

G-nova
12-11-11, 11:02 PM
Thanks mate.

I should of asked BEFORE I tried to take them off lol

Any Tips when removing a Mk1 dash? I want to keep it in 1 piece as much as possible

LEWI007
12-11-11, 11:03 PM
Dont do it cos it will never go back in in one piece Nathan, trust me lol

G-nova
12-11-11, 11:08 PM
ha ha gonna repaint front floor pan and boot area inside I'm not removing headlining so going to mask it off. Would you advise to mask off the dash rather than remove it? I wanna paint right under the dash behind where the steering rack sits if you know where I mean.

LEWI007
12-11-11, 11:12 PM
I know where you mean, i took my dash out altogether and still didnt even paint behind it. If youve got the MK1 Dash like i used to have then id leave it because i had a right carry on removing it.

If i was to do what your doing now id just mask everything off, the carpet and under dash shelves cover that paintwork up anyway

brainsnova
12-11-11, 11:15 PM
Remove the dash it's a much neater finish painting it removed. Removing the steering wheel ,speedo and glovebox are required as theres two fixings under the top of the dash that are otherwise hidden aswell as one at the bottom and 2 at each side

Novasport
12-11-11, 11:17 PM
Removing a Mk1 dash is a piece of pish, a toddler could do it with a butter knife!
Get it out man.

G-nova
12-11-11, 11:19 PM
yeah man know what your saying. I had the bulk head stitch welded and it burnt paint on inside so need to primer them and paint, but now think I'll use a paint brush lol because like you said Its all covered up anyway.
I'm going to repaint boot floor properly and just sheet off the rest of the car for that.

marc69
12-11-11, 11:21 PM
mk1 dash is easy, just follow haynes

G-nova
12-11-11, 11:22 PM
Removing a Mk1 dash is a piece of pish, a toddler could do it with a butter knife!
Get it out man.

just seen this post will have a go at it

LEWI007
13-11-11, 12:51 AM
Let us know how you get on then but i bet you regret it afterwards lol

Theres a million wires all over the place and all the switches and heater pipes/cables are a carry on to get out, seems like im the only one who found it arkward though ?

G-nova
13-11-11, 09:44 AM
lol bit of a surprise for you that lewis lol you should find it easier than most

Tim
13-11-11, 10:27 AM
Let us know how you get on then but i bet you regret it afterwards lol

Theres a million wires all over the place and all the switches and heater pipes/cables are a carry on to get out, seems like im the only one who found it arkward though ?

Lets hope it was a tidier job than the headrests. Lol

L14MNP
13-11-11, 10:39 AM
Lets hope it was a tidier job than the headrests. Lol

lollol

God help some of you when you start to work on cars other than Nova's!

A million wires?! ROFLZ