PDA

View Full Version : yet another death on the roads

General Baxter
08-11-11, 09:50 PM
A5 near atherstone :(

one of our mechnics ran over 2 lads on a scooter in a 30ton truck,

scooter come flying out of a t junction on to a 50mph, no lights, kids not got helmets, they bounced off a UPS truck and under the wheels of my mate, 1 was killed instently, 1 was wrapped around the rear twin axel, not suspected to live,

i was traveling about 2mins behind comming from the ups truck direction,

im really thinking of handing my license back in, iv seen a body count of 6 now, just this year on the roads :(

16v Nova Kev
08-11-11, 09:52 PM
feck sorry to hear that pal not nice.

vauxluva
08-11-11, 09:54 PM
The roads are getting more cars every year its going to get worse ,sorry to hear it!

Nobby
08-11-11, 09:59 PM
not good mate i had some idiot in a chicken chaser pull out on me earlier in the wet with not fecking rear light!!

turbojolt
08-11-11, 10:26 PM
That terrible mate hope you and your friend are ok

General Baxter
08-11-11, 10:29 PM
i was fine untill the body bag come out :(

now i dont feel right :(

no idea about ben but he looks ****ed

brainsnova
08-11-11, 10:36 PM
**** sorry to hear that mate

wwmnw
08-11-11, 10:48 PM
Just remind your mate it wasn't his fault, the lads on the scooter obviously didn't care much for other road users and didn't think of the consequences before riding with no helmet and not stopping/looking at a junction, they'd still be alive if they if they hadn't been so stupid.

Gibbo
08-11-11, 11:33 PM
Just remind your mate it wasn't his fault, the lads on the scooter obviously didn't care much for other road users and didn't think of the consequences before riding with no helmet and not stopping/looking at a junction, they'd still be alive if they if they hadn't been so stupid.
Well said mate.

hope your mate gets through it all mate

General Baxter
09-11-11, 12:01 AM
road due to re open 2.45am crash happened about 7.30pm

bai1ey
09-11-11, 12:18 AM
my thoughts are with your friend. with all due respect because of two kids incompatance, your friend has to live with the death of two people on his conscious.
please make sure he has alot of support around him. i really do feel for him

TeddyThom
09-11-11, 12:34 AM
I bet that has completely screwed up your friends head. I know it would mine. But to be fair those kids had it coming to them if they want to run around on scooters etc with no helmets on etc... Probably stolen scooters at that. But who knows?? Thoughts are with your friend.

shed-on-wheels
09-11-11, 12:52 AM
not nice fella, but at the end of the day it wasn't your or your friends fault i know its not nice but they were to blame thoughts are with you both dude

pyromaniac_yeti
09-11-11, 01:53 AM
Two's up, on a moped, with no bash hats, lights or anything?

Thats some darwin award **** right there...

mk1nova_rich
09-11-11, 08:48 AM
Makes a change for it not to be the innocent that are victims...although it probably never makes it any easier on the conscience.

In harsh reality though he has probably done society a favour

mowgli
09-11-11, 09:45 AM
well that explains the road closures last night.

nova_saloon
09-11-11, 02:46 PM
sorry to hear that you had to come to close to that and your pal had to have it happen to him, see personally i'd probably end up throwing up!

General Baxter
09-11-11, 05:01 PM
i think the worse bit for him was jumping out the truck as seen a head flattened by his wheel :(

Adam
09-11-11, 05:41 PM
im really thinking of handing my license back in, iv seen a body count of 6 now, just this year on the roads :(
Nick, at the end of the day, thats life. These things will and do happen.
Theres nothing you can do about it.

The driver must be going through a nightmare atm, its one thing i hope i never experience personally.

Andy
09-11-11, 05:44 PM
Thoughts go out to that driver and the families of the moped riders-we are all young and stupid once,they didnt deserve to die for that.

Adam
09-11-11, 05:49 PM
we are all young and stupid once
Were we? I cant recall myself riding a moped about with no helmet and no lights

Andy
09-11-11, 05:50 PM
Bet you have on a pushbike though,its just as bad on a dark night

nova_saloon
09-11-11, 05:55 PM
i think the worse bit for him was jumping out the truck as seen a head flattened by his wheel :(
yeh id defiantly of chundered!

Jeff16v
09-11-11, 08:23 PM
Bad news but a more and more frequent story nowadays. Some kid on a scooter cut a bend and crashed head on into a range rover! Needless to say he died at the scene, 17 years old! His mate had a new scooter the next week

TeddyThom
09-11-11, 10:17 PM
Thoughts go out to that driver and the families of the moped riders-we are all young and stupid once,they didnt deserve to die for that.
Going twos up on a ped with no helmet no lights and not looking at what appears to be a busy junction???

Help me out with your logic here man...

mowgli
09-11-11, 10:24 PM
ok folks, now for an important piece of info. the A5 where this happened is a dead straight piece of road, with approx 1mile visibility in either direction. vehicles bear down on the junction at the speed limit (or above) it is well known that you need a decent gap & serious acceleration to get out. in fact, a lot of people avoid it & go 2 miles round to the next roundabout when it is busy. but, there really haven't been many bumps there.. so these idiots really were doing something mindless...

Andy
09-11-11, 10:34 PM
Going twos up on a ped with no helmet no lights and not looking at what appears to be a busy junction???

Help me out with your logic here man...
Are you on drugs or summat??
Logic for what??
They made a mistake and paid the ultimate price,doesnt mean to say it was deserved.
If it was their own fault that much then how comes baxter and moreso his pal were so in bits over it?? surely they would have just said,"meh-their own fault-lets go for a few pints anyroad.."
Again,so if somebody rides a bicycle at night with no lights-do they deserve to die??

Theres fukkin worse people in this world than 2 young lads without lids on a bike ffs

mowgli
09-11-11, 10:41 PM
nobody deserves to die on the roads, but some people really don't go out of their way to avoid it..

TeddyThom
09-11-11, 10:46 PM
Are you on drugs or summat??
Logic for what??
They made a mistake and paid the ultimate price,doesnt mean to say it was deserved.
If it was their own fault that much then how comes baxter and moreso his pal were so in bits over it?? surely they would have just said,"meh-their own fault-lets go for a few pints anyroad.."
Again,so if somebody rides a bicycle at night with no lights-do they deserve to die??

Theres fukkin worse people in this world than 2 young lads without lids on a bike ffs

No I'm not on drugs. So you can get the fecking idea right out of your damned head.

I'm sorry but if you want to play on what appears to be a busy road with no protection screwing round etc, then you are asking for trouble. Yes they paid the ultimate price, but it's morons like them that ruin the general image for everyone else. Ok I admit maybe I was a bit harsh implying they deserved to die for it, but what else do you expect?? It was their own fault. Due to their stupid actions and complete irresponsibilty they have ruined someone's mental health. I know for a fact I'd be messed up if it was me that hit them, but what would help me to sleep at night was the fact that it wasn't my fault and had they not been complete muppets they would've got off with maybe a broken bone or two.

As the saying goes, you play with fire, you get burnt. I have virtually no sympathy for those who did die, just the guy who hit them, and the families that have been left behind.

staggy_gsi
09-11-11, 10:49 PM
i agree Andy. yes they were being complete idiots, but nobody deserves to lose their life for something like that. must be awful for everyone concerned though and i feel for them all. my dads old boss had a bad smash a few years ago, he was trapped in his car for over an hour, with a dead guy on his windscreen. still has regular councelling sessions now

Jack
09-11-11, 10:50 PM
What happens if Baxter's friend saw them at the last minute, swerved to avoid them and caused a fatal head on with oncoming traffic?

The situation could have been a lot worse, thanks to some people's lack of foresight and common sense. Cause and effect and all that.

Bubba
09-11-11, 11:50 PM
tbh im with mr teddy on this...its common sense. and saying there are worse people out there, that may be true, but baxters mate now has to live with what happened even though it quite obviously he was totally innocent in what happened....long term that might have some rather big consequences. i know my mate didnt get behind the wheel for about 6 months when he hit some drunk on a back road and took his leg off...

pyromaniac_yeti
10-11-11, 12:26 AM
^ this... If he was driving a 30 ton truck I'd assume his job was as a driver. Say he now can't cope, looses his job, then what about his family?

Plus, what if this had happened on say a really busy day in bad weather? And it had caused a 20 odd car pile up and killed 8 people? Tbh they deserved what they got, and I couldn't care less if it makes me a heartless *******. I'd rather they got splattered up the road now than mowed down a load of school kids doing something equally stupid in say...a transit van?

And yeah, I've ridden a ped with no lights at night round the block to move it with no bash hat, but I had the common sense to do it at less than walking pace in 1st gear on the pavement. There's young and stupid, and then there's being a ****.

General Baxter
10-11-11, 12:35 AM
^ this... If he was driving a 30 ton truck I'd assume his job was as a driver. Say he now can't cope, looses his job, then what about his family?

hes a tech taking it back to a customer

wwmnw
10-11-11, 01:21 AM
hes a tech taking it back to a customer

No matter what his job was, it wasn't his fault. Granted if I got out my car to be greeted by a flattened head I'd be pretty upset too, but it wouldn't be my fault if some idiots didn't have the common sense to use a road properly.

tom reid
10-11-11, 11:28 AM
Young people by the fact that they are young, do not have the same level of common sense or experience as most of those that have left negative comments, I'd bet that the two young lads were out for having some fun and did not intend running out into traffic, nor to get under the wheels of a truck, I agree with Andy, they did not deserve to die.
Remember the saying, there but for the grace of god go I.
Where has the compassion gone?

TeddyThom
10-11-11, 11:34 AM
You can't blame the fact they were young people. If they out having some fun on a public road on a ped at least wear a helmet... Even my 11 year old brother knows that. Common sense says engined bike + helmet = coming home in one peice to some extent. Where has the compassion gone? That left the building as soon as the details emerged that they were twos up, no skid lids, no lights and tried to jump onto a road in front of a truck.

General Baxter
10-11-11, 11:59 AM
http://onlinenews.warwickshire.police.uk/wpnews_pressrelease/fatal-collision-on-a5-mancetter--police-appeal-for-witnesses/13823

mowgli
10-11-11, 01:13 PM
i drove past the crash scene today, the florists have been busy...
there were also 6 people stood there heads bowed.. i reckon they were from camp hill.

phazer
10-11-11, 01:44 PM
Darwin's Theory still holds then.

I have massive sympathy for the guy driving the truck but absolutely zero for the idiots that caused the accident. It's a miracle they only killed themselves, it's usually someone minding their own business that gets to bear the brunt of this sort of idiocy.

I don't understand the bleeding heart attitude that's infesting the country. Whatever happened to taking responsiblity for your actions, even if it means paying the price?

Meh.

Spudly
10-11-11, 01:49 PM
Have we all missed the fact that it was a 30 tonne truck, I'd like to see anyone who has left a negative comment, to run under one of those on a ped with a helmet on and see if you survive, cos obviously a helmet is going to prevent the weight crushing your helmet and head, it's also going to protect your body, your arms and indeed your legs!

No one deserves to die in a horrible way like that just for being stupid, even if they were twoccers they wanted locking up, not crushing to death!

mowgli
10-11-11, 02:23 PM
it might just bounce off somewhere that an unprotected head will not...

seriously spud, anyone who pulls out on a wagon doing 50mph will be lucky to survive.

phazer
10-11-11, 02:25 PM
It doesn't really matter what hit them, they would have been killed if a family saloon knocked them off, their remains just wouldn't have been as big a mess.

No, no-one deserves to die and that's not what I said. The fact is, riding without the appropriate safety gear, doing something you shouldn't on the 'ped shows a disregard for their own safety - hence my Darwin reference. If you show total disregard for yourself and other road users it will at some point catch up with you.

mowgli
10-11-11, 02:30 PM
i will add a few facts.. there is an estate in nuneaton, the residents don't seem to think that normal laws apply to them. we had one work for us thru an agency, and he was given a lift in by one of the other blokes.. then one morning he turned up on a moped. no licence, tax, insurance, or mot. he was wearing a helmet that was too big. now if he'd have had an accident............ we told him never to turn up on it unless he was legal. its a bit rough, but when he did, we finished him with the agency.

MattBrown
10-11-11, 02:40 PM
No I'm not on drugs. So you can get the fecking idea right out of your damned head.

I'm sorry but if you want to play on what appears to be a busy road with no protection screwing round etc, then you are asking for trouble. Yes they paid the ultimate price, but it's morons like them that ruin the general image for everyone else. Ok I admit maybe I was a bit harsh implying they deserved to die for it, but what else do you expect?? It was their own fault. Due to their stupid actions and complete irresponsibilty they have ruined someone's mental health. I know for a fact I'd be messed up if it was me that hit them, but what would help me to sleep at night was the fact that it wasn't my fault and had they not been complete muppets they would've got off with maybe a broken bone or two.

As the saying goes, you play with fire, you get burnt. I have virtually no sympathy for those who did die, just the guy who hit them, and the families that have been left behind.

I agree to be fair.

You play on a railway and get hit by a train its your own fault, you ride on the road, with no lights, no helmets, invalid insurance etc for that, 2 up so invalid liscence etc.

Ohh well, give it 2 weeks and no one will even remember them, only the very close family and people involved.

We have lost a couple of lads recently, and maybe im heartless, but it gets you down for a day maybe 2, then you just move on.