PDA

View Full Version : getting nova turbo mot'ed thats 1.4 on log book

Whizzard
08-11-11, 09:29 PM
how do i have to go about getting it mot'ed as its on log book as 1.4 but has a turbo lump in and its stripped but again not registered, do i need to find a garage that will turn a blind eye to it or can i just take it anywhere, any help and info would be much appreciated

MK999
08-11-11, 09:31 PM
Oh this is gonna be good :)

shouldn't affect MOT though, what year is it?

Whizzard
08-11-11, 09:33 PM
h reg

Connor
08-11-11, 09:36 PM
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4746/ibtl27bf23xd0ht4.jpg

Nobby
08-11-11, 09:36 PM
no i dont think it will as it goes on the year of the car iirc or the engine not sure of which........... runs and gets popcorn :p

quick!!!!!

http://www.victims.org.uk/hitler.jpg

John
08-11-11, 09:43 PM
Mr mot man will enter cc as 2.0. Why isn't it registered correctly?

ibtl.

Jack
08-11-11, 09:43 PM
^ for emissions, it goes on whichever is older, car or engine - but its up to the owner to prove the engine age if required.

From a legal point of view, you should be updating the logbook first - that way the details will be fine on MOT - then insurance, then MOT, then tax. The problem is getting evidence of the engine swap for the DVLA with no MOT - you'd need to get the car inspected by a mobile mechanic/RAC/AA check, OR trailer it to a garage (OR provide a receipt for the engine swap work, but I guess this was DIY?)

I'm guessing this is its first MOT since the engine conversion!

Mike
08-11-11, 10:05 PM
When VOSA catch up with you your fcuked sonlips.

Nobby
08-11-11, 10:13 PM
Just hope there no random stop checks when yours is in lol

wwmnw
08-11-11, 10:59 PM
Seriously, what the **** do people think this forum is about? Do people really still think they can come on a website (a VBOA recognised site at that) and talk/ask about doing illegal things that can make the club and Nova enthusiasts look stupid?

Nova's have shaken off the charva image and stupidity that went along with it years ago (except Merris).

Southie
09-11-11, 06:45 AM
Don't MOT it and weigh it in yourself, saves you the embarrassment if you get pulled or even spotted at your local cruise/maccies.

Do it legit!

Alex J
09-11-11, 09:57 AM
Nova's have shaken off the charva image and stupidity that went along with it years ago (except Merris).why bring me into this :witch:

wwmnw
09-11-11, 10:05 AM
why bring me into this :witch:
Essex boy, charvas, was a joke :(

Alex J
09-11-11, 10:17 AM
are you essex isd??

mowgli
09-11-11, 10:20 AM
just get your friends to practice chucking phone books at you, so you'll be ready for when the authorities catch up with you.

Alex J
09-11-11, 10:25 AM
just get your friends to practice chucking phone books at you, so you'll be ready for when the authorities catch up with you.people dont use phone books anymore!! its 2011 not 1911 lol

wwmnw
09-11-11, 10:36 AM
are you essex isd??

isd? I've been to Essex a few times.

Jack
09-11-11, 10:40 AM
I like how people are jumping on the bandwagon and making assumptions. To be fair, the OP may have just finished building the car and need to get it MOT'd so he can tax it and put it on the road.

So less of the sabre rattling please unless we have the full picture.

wwmnw
09-11-11, 10:48 AM
I like how people are jumping on the bandwagon and making assumptions. To be fair, the OP may have just finished building the car and need to get it MOT'd so he can tax it and put it on the road.

Now you've just fed the OP some ammo lol

Alex J
09-11-11, 10:53 AM
whats OP?

dougie_boi
09-11-11, 11:04 AM
right heres what to do phone sky and insure it as a 2ltr turbo then take it to garage get them to mot it and ask for an engineers report while your in there then fill in logbook with new engine number and say its a turbo also take to dvla office who will then tax it as a 1998cc will cost you £118 and send away your new logbook details and logbook away then get home with your new tax disc stick it on the car and enjoy some worrying free motoring!!!!!! simples

MattBrown
09-11-11, 11:04 AM

I agree with you for once.

Just because its on the logbook as a 1.4 for now, doesnt mean its not insured as a 2.0, and before he sends the book off he wants to mot, then take the book to the post office and swap it over and purchase the tax at 2l rate.

Still dont get why so many jumped up arses jump on people, really doesnt do the club any favours.

Jack
09-11-11, 11:26 AM
I agree with you for once.
For once? lol

wwmnw
09-11-11, 11:28 AM
whats OP?
Original poster.

Still dont get why so many jumped up arses jump on people, really doesnt do the club any favours.
Because the majority of times people come on here talking about having their car as a 1.2 on the log book when its really a 2.0 turbo or such alike, that doesn't do the club any favours.

MattBrown
09-11-11, 11:32 AM
Original poster.

Because the majority of times people come on here talking about having their car as a 1.2 on the log book when its really a 2.0 turbo or such alike, that doesn't do the club any favours.

Why doesnt it?

Openly talking about it does no favours, but then also jumping down fairly new members throats just puts them off.

Its catch 22 really.

MattBrown
09-11-11, 11:32 AM
For once? lol

You know what I mean lol

wwmnw
09-11-11, 11:36 AM
Not really catch 22, if someone openly brags about doing something highly illegal are they welcome here? I'm not saying the OP has here I'm just giving an example, if you're going to do something like that then keep it to yourself.

And I can agree with the log book not being changed yet part, my SR is still a 1.4 on the log book but obviously its not on the road yet either.

turbojolt
09-11-11, 11:45 AM
Moooooooooooo says the cow, can't we all just get along.

wwmnw
09-11-11, 11:46 AM
Noooooooooooo says the sheep, cant we all just argue some more?

turbojolt
09-11-11, 11:54 AM
*insert a giraffe noise* very well Carrie on, but be warned the induced excess stress from arguing all the time could lead to a shortened life span, heart attack , stroke and upset feelings.

Andy
09-11-11, 05:31 PM
The biggest laugh about this whole charade is lots of conversions on here arent registered,so what if they're insured as valva'z tis still tax fraud etc.
Ive found this many a time in the for sale section on here when dvla checking cars for sale.

Mike
09-11-11, 05:38 PM
Tax evasion is far worse then insurance fraud anyway.

Andy
09-11-11, 05:40 PM
indeed,and when i say ive been checking them,im not some nonse with loadsa spare time,i mean looking with view to go look/buy*

*Not since last year as not interested in owning another rotter ever again..*

mowgli
09-11-11, 06:53 PM
people dont use phone books anymore!! Its 2011 not 1911 lol

oops 50% of the population don't use the interweb.....they use phone books....

wwmnw
09-11-11, 07:03 PM
*insert a giraffe noise* very well Carrie on, but be warned the induced excess stress from arguing all the time could lead to a shortened life span, heart attack , stroke and upset feelings.

lol

Pistol Pete
09-11-11, 08:39 PM

This.

Mine has an XE in it but is still a 1.4 on the logbook. I will get it MOT'd, a letter written then off to the DVLA to change logbook and tax it.

Angus Closier
09-11-11, 09:11 PM
Yes but he still asked about going to a MOT station which would turn a "blind eye"

Thats just as bad IMO.....Not hard to do things the correct way. I'm not jumping on any bandwagon. OP is Just opened himself up to abuse so he can get over it or gtfo....

All IMO...

Tim
09-11-11, 10:45 PM
more to the point the op seems to have gone very quiet since it all kicked off, he should really come and defend hiMself or as stated GTFO.

turbojolt
09-11-11, 10:59 PM
The guy has nothing to prove to us, so why should he have to defend him self why do so many on here feel the need to act as the judge jury and defender its sad

Tim
09-11-11, 11:07 PM
The guy has nothing to prove to us, so why should he have to defend him self why do so many on here feel the need to act as the judge jury and defender its sad

tbh his silence speaks volumes

and for the record i do think it reflects on the club in a bad way, showing people to be irrisponsible.

mine is still registered as a 1.2 on the logbook. it had a 20xe engine in for a few years now and never covered a mile. its not even wired up, so i dont class that as insurance fraud or tax ivasion lol.

turbojolt
09-11-11, 11:13 PM
tbh his silence speaks volumes

In which way for the club members bombardment of abuse at him or the club members accusing him of wrong doing with no proof, why would anyone bother replying he has properly done one

Tim
09-11-11, 11:16 PM
see edit

Bubba
09-11-11, 11:18 PM
9 pages :p

Tim
09-11-11, 11:21 PM
9 pages :p

im just trying to get my post count up, lol.

_Jake
09-11-11, 11:27 PM
if you dont plan on changing it legit, then i hope you get caught. its nobbers like you that make insurance impossible for young ones like me!

Bubba
09-11-11, 11:38 PM
if you dont plan on changing it legit, then i hope you get caught. its nobbers like you that make insurance impossible for young ones like me!

tbh...i can agree with that

turbojolt
09-11-11, 11:47 PM
The op is also a rapist murderer and a nonce aswell only imo of course

Does this post appear stupid to you?

shed-on-wheels
10-11-11, 12:41 AM
^^^ really im going to turn on my parental controls, jokes a side its right what people are saying but we don't know the full picture what was the old saying (don't judge a book by its cover)

Angus Closier
10-11-11, 03:07 AM

First off it Gives a club like this a bad name.

Second I Know you would be speaking out if he/anyone who is not Taxed/MOT/Insured properly decided to right off your pride and joy with no way of paying for the damage to the vehicle, Let alone any people......

What is sad is people still feel the need to ask around on forums if they need to find an MOT station who will turn a blind eye.

People on here don't spend time and money on there cars and the club to build a reputation which is ruined by a few W**kers....

Andy
10-11-11, 04:44 PM
What a fukkin joke this is,honestly its probably the most depressing thread ever.
Whats to say the guy has just finished the conversion,has sent his changes off and has insured it properly,but worries mr MOT man will refuse to test or fail it.
Is that illegal or bringing the club name into disrepute?? is it fukk.
Why some people on here have a "mightier than thou" attitude is beyond me.
Lets be honest,you would have to be a total mong to ask where the nearest bent MOT station is on the internet,hell you would have a better response off cunting vosa!

turbojolt
10-11-11, 05:16 PM
Thank you Andy that's all my thought on the matter just expressed better then my retarded **** could write them

Edd
10-11-11, 05:24 PM
What a load of utter dribble !!!

Ones of the worst threads ever, people posting like theyve just become a PCSO ffs

Complete crap like this is what people wont come on here for

Banging on about the rep of the club isnt going to work when everyone has been driven away leaving fcuk all

Edd
10-11-11, 05:24 PM

Pistol Pete
10-11-11, 07:48 PM
lol stop...its the forum police!

wwmnw
10-11-11, 07:52 PM
I thought people never came on here coz they're scared of Stu.

Pistol Pete
10-11-11, 07:52 PM
Who??!! lol

Southie
10-11-11, 08:02 PM
Don't MOT it and weigh it in yourself, saves you the embarrassment if you get pulled or even spotted at your local cruise/maccies.

Do it legit!
I still stand by this quote, the way the thread has been started to me is that he's wanting to mot without declaration.

If he proves otherwise then I will appologise.

wwmnw
10-11-11, 08:26 PM
I still stand by this quote, the way the thread has been started to me is that he's wanting to mot without declaration.

:thumb:

Tim
10-11-11, 08:45 PM

What he said. I also stand by my comment, as to why has the op not made any replys since the first page. Hhhhhmmmmmm, let me think?

Southie
10-11-11, 08:48 PM
You two, get out of my backside lol

MattBrown
10-11-11, 08:49 PM
What a load of utter dribble !!!

Ones of the worst threads ever, people posting like theyve just become a PCSO ffs

Complete crap like this is what people wont come on here for

Banging on about the rep of the club isnt going to work when everyone has been driven away leaving fcuk all

This man speaks yet more sense!!

Well done Edd, have some rep.

However, as a club, I love you all xxxx

wwmnw
10-11-11, 08:59 PM
However, as a club, I love you all xxxx
Homo.

Jedro
10-11-11, 09:19 PM
lol

Hobbit
10-11-11, 09:21 PM
You lot need to get laid and stop fighting on the internet. Imo you're all making the club look bad :p

go and have a w**k or something.

Xxx