PDA

View Full Version : Company Fuel Card

Tim
07-11-11, 07:16 PM
Up until recently the company i work for used to have their fuel card account with Arval, meaning i could draw fuel anywhere, i used to used tescos so i could collect millions and millions of clubcard points. For whatever reason they have changed the account to Keyfuels. I can use the card at BP, ESSO, SHELL, TEXACO, TOTAL and GULF.

Who offers the best bonus points type scheme, basically allowing me to get something for nothing? lol.

Who Collects what from where and whats it worth, if you get what i mean.

tim

turbojolt
07-11-11, 07:21 PM
Mate I done the same as you with Tesco but was told of as I should only be using bp and and my bp card don't entitle me to any nector points :(, so make sure your still entitled to the free bonuses

Iain
07-11-11, 07:23 PM
I have a Shell card where I sometimes get a free fiver off, coffee etc, something like one point per pound spent.

Tim
07-11-11, 07:30 PM
Mate I done the same as you with Tesco but was told of as I should only be using bp and and my bp card don't entitle me to any nector points :(, so make sure your still entitled to the free bonuses

i spoke to the boss when he gave it me just before i left today and he said i could use it anywhere its accepted, shame i cant use at tescos thou. collected **** loads of points the last few years,

16v Nova Kev
07-11-11, 07:44 PM
bp= nectar points if that helps

turbojolt
07-11-11, 07:51 PM
Nector points arnt always allowed on the bp cards mate

turbojolt
07-11-11, 07:52 PM
Double post sorry

Jack
07-11-11, 08:40 PM
Shell points are sh!t, they never get the balance right and I've not had a statement for god knows how long. They also "forget" to send you vouchers etc

[edit] Don't be suckered by the talk of the VPower club either, the thing where if you buy >150 litres of vpower each quarter you get invited to the VPower club which gets you double the points. I ran VPower for over 2 years using 4-500 litres each quarter and still didn't get invited LOL

Tim
07-11-11, 09:40 PM
i think nectar points look to be the best deal, and considering i get through about 2 1/2 - 3 tanks of fuel a week, ill give them ago i think.

mowgli
07-11-11, 09:49 PM
1. keyfuels isn't accepted at many of the big name garages. i know, i run 6 wagons...
2. the keyfuels book is about as accurate as a digidash
3. you can fuel up at any morrisons & use their miles card..
4. none of these cards give you very much in the way of gifts.

phazer
08-11-11, 10:41 AM
Shell points are sh!t, they never get the balance right and I've not had a statement for god knows how long. They also "forget" to send you vouchers etc

[edit] Don't be suckered by the talk of the VPower club either, the thing where if you buy >150 litres of vpower each quarter you get invited to the VPower club which gets you double the points. I ran VPower for over 2 years using 4-500 litres each quarter and still didn't get invited LOL

I got a Vpower card when I had the VXR but I was buying lots of fuel lol Still got it and use it for the diseasel. You did activate and register your normal shell card? Mine just arrived in the post one day.

Jack
08-11-11, 10:49 AM
Yep. Was getting vouchers and statements coming through, even queried it when I ballsed up my address details towards the end (in case I'd missed them sending me the card) and they said I hadn't had an invite, dispite the aforementioned fuel usage. Gave up then lol

mowgli
08-11-11, 10:49 AM
jack, they must have heard about you already.....

phazer
08-11-11, 10:53 AM
Yep. Was getting vouchers and statements coming through, even queried it when I ballsed up my address details towards the end (in case I'd missed them sending me the card) and they said I hadn't had an invite, dispite the aforementioned fuel usage. Gave up then lol

Nice of them lol As you say the rewards are less than great but we were collecting airmiles as we have them on loads of other things and we get through a lot of fuel. Now they've changed all of that....gits.