PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember my old Nova?

wwmnw
04-11-11, 10:59 PM
It was nothing special so I imagine not many remember it, I always wondered what it looked like behind the bumpers etc

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn232/seth171708/636397d8.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn232/seth171708/03b6475e.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn232/seth171708/021482b9.jpg

According the the lads thread it was ****ed http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=618002&page=1

:(

brainsnova
04-11-11, 11:19 PM
Nothing a welder wouldn't fix

scott.parker
04-11-11, 11:20 PM
His white one looks OK..

Jack
04-11-11, 11:20 PM
Looks in better nick than mine lol

wwmnw
04-11-11, 11:49 PM
Apparently one of the chassis legs "fell away" Danny SP/Jed know more as they've spoke to the lad at a local meet, but from what I remember it wasn't the worst Nova in the world, me and Gareth had been under the back of it to do the hand brake cables/brakes and suspension and never noticed any major rot, just the usual surface rust.

Obviously I didn't know about behind the bumper as I never took it off, wish I had as I need the iron lol

brainsnova
04-11-11, 11:52 PM
Blame the new owner for not having a good poke about lol

wwmnw
05-11-11, 12:03 AM
Meh I don't really miss that car, miss driving a Nova though :(

brainsnova
05-11-11, 12:36 AM
I loved my first car it was white 1.3sr f reg in full original condition no rust on the bodywork but I was glad to sell my mk2 lol

Jedro
05-11-11, 09:35 PM
awww could you cry mate? lol. RIP ANA
iv never had a nova before but i feel its a shame when any go to car heaven like. i would of quite happily took it up the unit and practised my welding getting it rite again

wwmnw
06-11-11, 12:31 AM
Nah I don't miss that heap mate, it had a few problems, although saying that the 1.2 engine was well over 100,000 and still got me around, was **** slow though.

You spoke to your mate yet btw?

Jedro
06-11-11, 12:52 PM
about storing yours? not yet.. will see him tomorrow night bud

wwmnw
07-11-11, 01:17 AM
OK mate, let me know asap other wise I have no choice but to sell it, Gareth has done the decent thing and not got back to me.

Hi Gareth.

Jedro
07-11-11, 09:46 AM
lol

Jedro
07-11-11, 09:13 PM
snorted :)
hes a sound bloke like

joey17
07-11-11, 09:15 PM
heyy! this was my nova, there my piks that i took. im joeseth17 off corsa sport and just signed up to here. ive read what youve all wrote and i understand why your saying that. if i was to look at them pictures i would think it was saveable aswell. but honestly it was f******ked! ive spoken to jed and he knows how rotten it was. honestly if you looked under the car to do the suspension and you didnt notice anything, the car wasnt as far gone as it was when i had it, it had rotten on the rear that much that there was no where for a spring the whole chassis leg had dissapeard until under the door. that was the end of it for me, i sold it to a pall who then decided to scrap it as his views were the same as mine.

Jedro
07-11-11, 09:32 PM
i told him you said that tonite joe... he should be on in a bit mate...

wwmnw
07-11-11, 10:46 PM
So there was no chassis leg from the back of the car to the door? It must have rotted quickly in the last months of my ownership/new ownership as I sold it to Darren in October/November last year so the winter must have taken its deathly grip.

christurboo
07-11-11, 11:17 PM
these days when you buy a nova you need to take a jack and a big trusty screwy with you, not many un-rotten ones left........

wwmnw
07-11-11, 11:29 PM
Its a shame there's people like on this website dedicated to saving the ******* things lol

joey17
08-11-11, 12:18 PM
It must have been rotten but not broke thro , so when either darren or me moved it, it must have pushed it thro, I took a small hammer to the rest of the rusty patches and they all fell thro

wwmnw
08-11-11, 12:29 PM
Yeah must have been.

Gareth_C
08-11-11, 06:24 PM
OK mate, let me know asap other wise I have no choice but to sell it, Gareth has done the decent thing and not got back to me.

Hi Gareth.

Dick cheese, cant you use your phone like??? What did I say about storing your nova??? I made a fair offer :roll:
P.s this isnt a bite its stating the facts.

mowgli
08-11-11, 07:05 PM
frankly bathfart, i'm somewhat surprised that you have no recollection of this car, and have had to rely on the png members to try & jog your memory...

wwmnw
08-11-11, 07:10 PM
Dick cheese, cant you use your phone like??? What did I say about storing your nova??? I made a fair offer :roll:
P.s this isnt a bite its stating the facts.
I can use my phone yes why do you ask? And as for what you said I cant really remember as I stopped listening after you said you didn't know what was going on with it after the other garages had been pulled down and you had lost contact with that guy.

Found somewhere to store it anyway.

frankly bathfart, i'm somewhat surprised that you have no recollection of this car, and have had to rely on the png members to try & jog your memory...

I try to forget that car lol it was OK-ish til me and Gareth started messing with it :cry:

Gareth_C
08-11-11, 08:14 PM
I can use my phone yes why do you ask? And as for what you said I cant really remember as I stopped listening after you said you didn't know what was going on with it after the other garages had been pulled down and you had lost contact with that guy.

Found somewhere to store it anyway.

I try to forget that car lol it was OK-ish til me and Gareth started messing with it :cry:

Cause i aint heard from you i dont see why i should ring/text you all the time... Champion less hassle for me so when you getting all the other crap gone out the garage :p
As for the red nova you messed I just fixed you fcuk ups.

wwmnw
08-11-11, 08:18 PM
Was thinking about that, was thinking I may just scrap that engine (except the head) if its worth anything in scrap.

You ****ed the arches on that car with your hammer and block of wood in an attempt at rolling them, took the paint off and they rusted :p obviously I'm not on about the big hole at the bottom that Dave put his foot through lol

Then the handbrake stopped working after you fitted a new cable lol

Gareth_C
08-11-11, 08:22 PM
Was thinking about that, was thinking I may just scrap that engine (except the head) if its worth anything in scrap.

You ****ed the arches on that car with your hammer and block of wood in an attempt at rolling them, took the paint off and they rusted :p obviously I'm not on about the big hole at the bottom that Dave put his foot through lol

Then the handbrake stopped working after you fitted a new cable lol

How long is a piece of string??

You refused to spend money on the car so I have to improvise. Also the cable worked until you started handbrake turning outside the school to show off to your boyfriend lol.

wwmnw
08-11-11, 08:24 PM
I never had or have money to spend :cry:

Gareth_C
08-11-11, 08:25 PM
Stop spending it on hubba bubba to treat your boyfriend, how the interview go??

Jedro
08-11-11, 08:35 PM
hahaha can feel the love in here

Gareth_C
08-11-11, 08:45 PM
hahaha can feel the love in here

Just wait till you have the joy of storing his car then you will see love lol

wwmnw
08-11-11, 08:52 PM
Just wait till you have the joy of storing his car then you will see love lol

It was Jed that found me the place at his mates lockup.

I got the job.