PDA

View Full Version : Alittle help

mowen
04-11-11, 05:40 PM
Hey guys, on the look for abit of information thats more than likely been spoken about many a time. but....

After starting to my project (k plate black gsi) Which im going to get a build thread up once ive gotten some decent pictures. I pulled the engine out last night which is just the original and the plan is to go for a c20xe and was hoping to put the geabox (f13) off the gsi engine onto it but i see that they dont mate together, Is this going to be the case that ill have to get f16/shafts/hubs etc? Any help would be great.

Michael

Mike
04-11-11, 05:42 PM
F13 is a small block gearbox, 20XE engine is a big block motor. Thats your problem.

You'll need an F16/F18/F20 box (which is a big block box). Unless you put all the internals of the F13 into a big block box casing (and watch it explode after a few heavy launches...)

shed-on-wheels
04-11-11, 05:42 PM
you can do it bud by getting a gsi/gte flat flywheel drilling it out and using that ive done it a few times but if i were you atleast go for a diesle box or f15cr as a f13 there would be no top end and all power it would just spin dude

mowen
04-11-11, 05:49 PM
Ok perfect, thanks for your help. ill need to hunt for another donor car as the astra the C20 engine came from is gettin a x25xe so the gearbox is getting used for that.

Michael