PDA

View Full Version : Roll Cage or no roll cage??

gtegary
03-11-11, 05:18 PM
I'm currently rebuilding a Gte and the outsie is going to look standard apart from a 80mm drop and some slabs.
The engine is going to be a 1.6 on twin 40's

The question is the inside... I got offer a full 6point age today cheap..

But don't know wether to keep all the interior standard or go for the cage and bucket look?

Any thoughts?

Royston
03-11-11, 05:20 PM
Will you insurance cover it? I'd check first!

gtegary
03-11-11, 05:29 PM
Insurance isn't an issue, I'm 27 and had loads of insurance through Adrian flux for loads of modded cars etc, the question was what people thought of either me keeping the interior standard or getting a cage. I like the cage idea but don't know if standard interior would be better...

Calamity Josh
03-11-11, 05:42 PM
The first thing i would consider is practicality (losing the back seat) it's the exact reason my brother sold his saloon after caging it...

Royston
03-11-11, 05:49 PM
As said above, it is all down to practicalities and how you intend to use the car.

paul james
03-11-11, 06:01 PM
I think the deciding question is - are you going to use the car on a track much, or at all?
If you only want a cage for looks, then the appeal will probably wear off after a while.

christurboo
03-11-11, 07:04 PM
can you not get show cages for novas? then he can just remove when he looses intrest and keeps the back seats in anyways?