PDA

View Full Version : Heads up - mice in your sheds

gary_126
02-11-11, 11:33 PM
I found a sponge eaten to bits in my workshop the other day. Turns out mice have eaten half my cleaning stuff... annoying, but no big deal:roll:

My dads landrover spare seats in another shed were also eaten, so i became a bit paranoid here...

Checked the nova (another garage) to find my 2 spare gsi seats ruined!!:mad: And the pipercross sausage filter on the nova's tb's has been nibbled at (although not holed)

Not been so angry in a long time, really really pissed off!! these are parts i had collected from all over the country. Not of massive money value, but not exactly easy to get hold of nowadays.

So after nightshift ill be calling in for traps and poison on the way home.

Id advise any1 with spare seats etc in there sheds/lofts to have a check, as there seems to be an abundance of mice (hopefully the weather will get colder and kill them off)

pyromaniac_yeti
02-11-11, 11:44 PM
Traps/poison wont do the job quickly - you want a .22 SMK B2 break barrell with a **** off great spring in it for a budget solution...however the stock bolts will need re tightening after every shot or two :P

bazil
02-11-11, 11:48 PM
The little darlings have been in the under bonnet insulation on my gte, also I've seen evidence to support the theory of them living behind the dashboard, seeing how the car has been off the road since 1999 I think it's fair to say it'll be FCUKED lol

Bubba
02-11-11, 11:49 PM
lol a trusty chinese smk is all well and good...but its the fact you have to sit there...and lure them out lol

gary_126
02-11-11, 11:56 PM
Im still raging 6 hours later! If it wasnt for the explosion risk id have cracked a propane cylinder in the garage where the nova is, and gassed them lmao

pyromaniac_yeti
03-11-11, 12:34 AM
I find the waiting the fun part of the hunt! :d

And as for the propane....i wouldnt. A rat got down the rabbit tunnels in my other halfs parents garden (other halfs old man is mad for rabbits...lets em run free in the garden). Anyway, he went mad when said rat took the eye out of one of his favourite rabbits and proceeded to lock the rabbits away and flood the tunnels with gas. Then ignited it.

Diddent take into account that the rabbits had dug a tunnel leading INTO his shed which promptly caught fire.lol

Connor
03-11-11, 12:51 AM
get a killer cat

Mieran
03-11-11, 12:54 AM
how bad are the seats? wana sell them cheap? lol

wasn't me that sent the mice over, i swear lol

mowgli
03-11-11, 04:58 AM
job i. completely clear out the shed & sweep it clean.
2. block all mouse holes
3. put down poison bait.

Andy
03-11-11, 08:14 AM
I have the same problem,they are eating the fishfood in my shed which is home to some of my 205 bits,if any of them are shagged-i will burn it down,if i arent having it-nobody is!

steviegsi
03-11-11, 09:16 AM
Same here a month or 2 ago, went down to clear my other shell of bits to sell.... Dead rat in my spare Gsi interior, had nibbled through the plastic cling film type wrap I put around each seat and chewed through the base of the front seat, then presumably suffocated. Full mint interior all ruined. Car is also filled with mice as one crawled up behind the spare black dash. So as I don't have a hazmat suit and I hate the unpredictability of rats, I'll leave the car outside when it's warmer next year and hopefully they'll kindly fcuk off.

Failing that the only way to get rid of rats permanently is to catch one in a cage, and make the little bastid squeal. Did this before at our old house, 1 rat - 1 cage - x5 kettle of boiling water = not another rat for years. I guess it's little furry friends hear the high pitched squeal and pack thier bags. May sound cruel but they are horrible things and it does work! lol

gary_126
03-11-11, 04:28 PM
I feel your pain stevie!! Mice in the car sounds like a recipe for disaster, seats, carpets, wiring look, one big buffet for them :(

Does sound cruel, but good enough for them! bunch of free loading vermin! Rats are disgusting things!!

brainsnova
03-11-11, 07:31 PM
I keep all my good things in my house preferably in the loft lol

turbojolt
03-11-11, 07:40 PM
Shame your not closer as you could have my dog over the weekend to get rid of them if turns out to be rats

Calamity Josh
03-11-11, 07:43 PM
You have me paranoyed about mice getting into my nova and munching the green cheq interior now!

steviegsi
03-11-11, 08:23 PM
I keep all my good things in my house preferably in the loft lol

I did suggest this but our tiny roof space is full to the roof with Christmas decorations!I've 2 Corbeau bucket seats are in the spare room now though. lol

MK999
03-11-11, 08:26 PM
I did suggest this but our tiny roof space is full to the roof with Christmas decorations!I've 2 Corbeau bucket seats are in the spare room now though. lol

Spare room? Got you beat lol

Pistol Pete
03-11-11, 09:37 PM
I only ever get frogs in my shed lol

Mike
03-11-11, 09:38 PM
Id like to see them get in my shed & chew on an engine block lol

Peanut_119
03-11-11, 09:43 PM
i believe that rat and cage thing works, as my dad had a problem with rats a few years ago

i would love to see rats, mice, or anything else you can think of to get in my car parts storage area :D :D i no every bit of my stuff in safe and sound

turbojolt
03-11-11, 09:47 PM
I had a ferret in my shed once lol dunno were it came from lol

mowgli
03-11-11, 09:53 PM
to kill rats, get a terrier man in...a decent jack russell will kill dozens of them in minutes..

if you poison them, it is very effective, but if one dies in a crawl space, it will stink for ever..

when i was at college, my room mates were all excited when we realised there was mouse activity in the kitchen.. i came back from the pub to find them with a home made trap..rover biscuit tin, pencil, string etc... and they were lying in wait for it..as if there was only one mouse!!!!!! so much later on, one of them caught it, ran up the garden & released it into the back hedge, then walked back all proud.. i pointed out that it probably beat him back to the house. the next day, there was a loaf of bread with a mousehole right thru it.

turbojolt
03-11-11, 10:02 PM
You ideally want two terriers when ratting my dog loves it lol

gary_126
04-11-11, 05:00 AM
The loft isnt 100% safe either, remember mice can get through a gap the thickness of a pencil, if they want in, they will find a way!

turbojolt
04-11-11, 07:55 AM
Jesus Christ between the mice rats and thefts you.g about what chance do we have lol

mowgli
05-11-11, 07:39 AM
I had a ferret in my shed once

was it your first sexual experience?

turbojolt
05-11-11, 09:39 AM
Lmfao yes and a very fulfilling one

sport
06-11-11, 10:59 AM
You have me paranoyed about mice getting into my nova and munching the green cheq interior now!

Even mice have taste, you will be safe lol

turbojolt
06-11-11, 11:03 AM
Even mice have taste, you will be safe lol

Nearly pissed my self then lmfao