PDA

View Full Version : nova 1200 e reg antibes red

b16nov
30-10-11, 08:57 PM
offered for sale is my 1987 1200 vauxhall nova antibes in red,
i bought the car in june with the intention on turning in to a redtop or let monster but ill health in the family and no funds forces me to sell,
i bought the car from a bloke who had it for 8 and a half years in which time he bought it with the intention of his son learning to drive, between the last mot 8 years ago and me having the car i drove a total of 2 miles and now has just over 67500 miles which i believe to be very genuine,
since i bought the car i have carried out many upgrades and mods to best suit my old plans to build in to a track 2 litre car,

firstly i must say that the car is both taxed and mot'd till end of next june,
the car was an old e reg nova with the standard period mk1 front end, i have since source brand new mk2 front wings, a genuine gsi front bumper with laguna front splitter, gsi skirts and rear bumper so from the outsides now does look to be a later spec gsi
it has gte front and rear seats with minimal wear, red antibes carpets through out,
it is lowered on the rear by 45mm and on the front has a set of avo adjustable coilovers,
2 litre front brakes from a cavalier gsi ready for the engine swap, the rear arches have been trimmed as to allow the wheels not to rub
it has 15 fox alloy wheels with 195/50/15 tires all with very good tread but the wheels have seen better day and do have curb marks on all i believe,
has just had a brand new windscreen put in last friday as old one had a few chips in ,
so basically looks like a standard red gsi nova, only other mod to mention is that it has had the rear boot flushed with a boot popper and a sr/gte rear spoiler,
standard exhaust on at the moment but cherry bomb included in sale as never got the time to weld it on myself,
when new drivers side wing was fitted it never had an ariel hole so looks very smooth, front bumper has been painted black, if i get a chance this week i will paint the rear bumper as currently unpainted, and also paint the skirts as currently are white at the moment from friends old gte which sadly now r.i.p
as with all cars of this age there are the odd mark or too on the car but pls bere in mind this is a car from 1987 and it is a nova, the car is very solid underneeth and the only bits of rust are under both headlight(i guess where water settled in storage) and just starting to go alone the bottom of the drivers door, but by no mean the drivers door is totally fine and could be tidied up with a mornings work,there is also the odd small dent in the roof, very shallow and one in the pass door, front wings and passenger side paint could do with a buff just to get abit more shine in as have been repainted,

the engine has a chrome rocker cover and has within the last 500 miles had, new sparkplugs, dizzy cap and rotor arm and an oil change, the airbox is slightly loose where some idiot before has tried to cut part of it away for a big induction noise im guessing,
in my opinoin the engine runs but has prob seen better days and is fine for general day to day driving but car is crying out for a big block swap

as said before my idea was to build in to another redtop nova as body seems in to good condition to pass up on and it took me nearly 2 years to find a nova this clean so on this note that is why im advertising for the price

car is in reading berkshire, im looking for 1300, but best to view and see what you think,will try and load pics on here if anyone can talk me through it
cheers

b16nov
30-10-11, 09:04 PM
got a few pics on http://s1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/e687djh/ will load more as i can cheers

b16nov
01-11-11, 12:15 AM
more recent pics now added, has a few spares to include with sale of car

b16nov
04-11-11, 06:20 PM
bump, skirts have now been painted gloss black, providing the weather is good over the weekend, the rear bumper will be done aswell