PDA

View Full Version : Scam ????

Cle
30-10-11, 06:57 PM
Im selling a corsa (BOOOO) for a mate of mine a guy email'd me with this today.

Cle

Thanks for getting back to me. I will offer you £1500 for the car and i would love to proceed with the purchase of it & my mode of payment will be by a cheque and for this transaction to be fast/effective i will urge you to get back to me with your full name, mailing address and phone number as stated below so that the cheque can be made payable to you

Full Name :
Contact Address :
Home Phone Number :
Mobile Phone Number :

The amount on the cheque will include the cost of the car & the shipping fees which will be payed to our transporters for them to make preparation to come to get the car transported down to me. A cheque for £4000 will be made payable to you and bear it in mind that my transporters will come down to your house or the designated address where they can get the car picked-up. So you don't need to be worried as i have a good and reliable transporter that is capable of handling the transportation process. As soon as you do receive the cheque you will deduct your selling cost and remit the remainder to my transporters so that they come for the pick-up
And for further proceedings i will be waiting to receive your full details as stated above

So i will like to hear from you at your earliest convenient time so the transaction can continue

Once again i will be looking forward to hear from you

Regards
James

Im thinking this is some type of scam or a time waster ? Am i right ??

mowgli
30-10-11, 07:08 PM
tell him to forklift truck right off. of course its a scam

paul james
30-10-11, 07:08 PM
Sounds like they expect you to give the car away and £2500 of your own money - not leaving time for the cheque to clear. Who spends £2500 to transport a £1500 Corsa, it doesn't make any sense, avoid.

Iain
30-10-11, 07:12 PM
Surely as long as you allow the cheque to clear and contact the transporters to make sure it's legit you can't be scammed?

phunkynova
30-10-11, 07:15 PM
Full Name : Micky Mouse
Contact Address :Disney World
Home Phone Number :0010 123upours
Mobile Phone Number :0010 789onyourbike
Should be your reply :thumb:lol

Mike
30-10-11, 07:16 PM
Surely as long as you allow the cheque to clear and contact the transporters to make sure it's legit you can't be scammed?

You can if the money is coming from a cloned bank account.

Bubba
30-10-11, 07:17 PM
hmm its changed. usually its an oceanographer who is stuck at sea for 2 weeks with no access to a phone but perfect internet lol

mowgli
30-10-11, 07:53 PM
you put the cheque in, and it shows up on your account, then the shipper is pestering you for the money, and guess what... the original deposit, as it is foreign, doesn't clear.

Phil_d
30-10-11, 07:55 PM
This happened to a mate of mine, got the same thing word for word, he then got an address for the shipping company which was a nigerian address, when he questioned it he never got a reply i would stay clear of it if it was me.

Jack
31-10-11, 07:54 AM
Do you really, honestly need to ask? lol

Prey
31-10-11, 10:54 AM
you dont even need to ask - its in the same 'weird' english as every foreign scam - no real person talks like that.

Alex J
31-10-11, 11:18 AM
Do you really, honestly need to ask? lol
this .

TeddyThom
01-11-11, 12:46 PM
Name: Tim Ewaster
Address: 99 Letsbe Avenue
Phone number: +441829 753951

Those numbers were random btw :thumb:

scott.parker
01-11-11, 02:42 PM
PMSL, reply with some massive abuse name aimed at him, i would be banned on here if i put what i would say! lol lol

boomtings1
01-11-11, 09:40 PM
I got one same, i just ignored it lol