PDA

View Full Version : Police A.N.P.R System

josh-sri
29-10-11, 08:43 PM
There was a thread on here a week or so ago, discussing driving with no MOT, there was some discussion that no MOT doesnt show up on the police in car computers (ANPR). I can now confirm it does!! lol. Got stopped on my way into Scarborough today, i had no idea it had ran out, thought i had another month left!

To be fair the officer was spot on and i got away with a £60 fine and he even let me carry on with my journey to Harwood Dale, advising me to take it steady.

So really just a heads up, it will show up even if its just a trip home in a project you've bought etc! :thumb:

Josh

Nova_Tek
29-10-11, 08:52 PM
As far as I knew ANPR flags up everything. Sounds like you had a good/fair copper.

josh-sri
29-10-11, 08:54 PM
Yeah he was good to be honest, id just heard a few rumours so thought id let people know

Hayley
29-10-11, 09:28 PM
The PNC system will show your veh dets, engine size registered keeper name and address, dets of the tax if held or not, dets of insurance if held or not and dets of mot dates

Its pretty much the same as ANPR except that ANPR will "flag up" (read - set off some sort of humours alarm in the traffic cars or monitored computers in the control room) to state if the driver is known for no insurance, veh seizures, bilkings, drug use, rtcs and other such gubbins.

No MOT is not a flag but it will show up so if there is a cop in the area or it is a traffic officer that is behind you checking your reg, he/she will prob stop you

TeddyThom
30-10-11, 09:52 AM
No MOT is not a flag but it will show up so if there is a cop in the area or it is a traffic officer that is behind you checking your reg, he/she will prob stop you

This.

IIRC in that thread it was stated it wouldn't flag up, but would show up IF you got pulled and checked.

Jack
31-10-11, 08:13 AM
This won't have been ANPR, it'll be fuzz manually checking details of cars - so calling the, er, callcenter (lol) and having them check the PNC.

As I understand it, ANPR will only ping marked vehicles. So for them to alert on no tax, MOT etc one of the control room monkeys will have to go through the list of cars who's MOT/tax etc has expired each day and add alerts to those cars. However, if the copper calls the dispatcher for a PNC check on a car reg, it will show up with tax/insurance/MOT records as Hayley said.

A PNC check and ANPR are different things :thumb:

Ben
31-10-11, 09:51 PM
I have been stopped due to anpr flagging up no tax quite a few years ago on more than one occasion.

Andy
31-10-11, 10:53 PM
Where in /around scarborough was it please??
Just so i can avoid/warn off every person i know from these cash grabbing pigs

staggy_gsi
31-10-11, 11:05 PM
mate there all over town at the moment. i got stopped in my astra van last week because i 'looked like a burglar' lol

Andy
31-10-11, 11:10 PM
In the squires van?! lol they are dear though....lol
Where was it? ive not seen any lately,although i read they were stepping up patrols.

josh-sri
01-11-11, 06:37 PM
Lebbertson roundabout just near the garage andy! He was in the layby:thumb:

mowgli
01-11-11, 06:40 PM
mate there all over town at the moment. i got stopped in my astra van last week because i 'looked like a burglar' lol
this sort of thing??
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrUpOu4giVVOJLPI3tppCAeJDUbuxSW OrU3Onc24lo-xn-2yg9Ug

staggy_gsi
01-11-11, 10:21 PM
In the squires van?! lol they are dear though....lol
Where was it? ive not seen any lately,although i read they were stepping up patrols.

Nooo lol, sold that about 2 years ago!! got a dark blue one now, lowered with anthracite astra sxi rims on.

followed me from crossgates to ayton and tugged me by the roundabout. then i was parked down marine drive with a few people at about 1am and he drove past and gave me a right jolly wave!! nobber lol

staggy_gsi
01-11-11, 10:21 PM
this sort of thing??
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrUpOu4giVVOJLPI3tppCAeJDUbuxSW OrU3Onc24lo-xn-2yg9Ug

haha yes mate, i looked just like that apparently

MK999
01-11-11, 10:25 PM
One of my old bosses got picked up for looking suspicious outside someones house once, apparently he looked like he might be breaking in.

He was sat on a low wall pissed up because he'd just been at a wedding, suited and booted to match, and politely pointed out he wouldn't be dressed up like that to go out on the rob. Got a lift home iirc lol

marc69
01-11-11, 10:30 PM
My swing used to be really scruffy, door bottoms hanging of, bashed bumpers etc, I used to get pulled al the time, mostly at the end of a month. Fortunately the car was always legal despite the constant tyre kicking (yes they actually do this, why?)

The car has since been restored however, last year (at the age of 36) I had my mk2 with blacked windows/coloour coded bumpers/lowerd/allessio alloys etc. Got stopped when dropping a mate of in a not so nice area of town. They did thier checks then said the car looked like a drug dealers car! Made me laugh at the time, as I am clearly not a dealer!

MK999
01-11-11, 10:34 PM
They did thier checks then said the car looked like a drug dealers car! Made me laugh at the time, as I am clearly not a dealer!

I like to keep on the classier end of high scale distribution too.

marc69
01-11-11, 10:58 PM
I like to keep on the classier end of high scale distribution too.

shhh!