PDA

View Full Version : loud vibrating noise when i turn to the right !

bennyboy1991
29-10-11, 05:50 PM
Hi i have a 1.2 nova k reg. there is a loud vibrating noise when i turn the wheel to the right. ive had the passenger side wheel bearing and cv joint changed but the noise still remains ? :confused:

paul james
29-10-11, 06:11 PM
Inner CV joint perhaps? check the steering rod end, all the bushes on the anti-roll bar, tie bar, arm, and if the brake caliper is fully in place.

And what wheels do you have on? if they are massive then perhaps they are rubbing.

bennyboy1991
29-10-11, 07:13 PM
the machanic seems to think its the off side wheel bearing as a jv joint makes a clicking noise and a wheel bearing makes a noise kinda like a washing machine... im just unsure tbh

mowgli
29-10-11, 08:29 PM
wheel bearings on a nova sound like a knackered gearbox. simply jack up the front & support it on stands then put it in top gear & run it. then try the steering both ways. if you can't find the noise, chock the lh wheel and test the right, then chock the rh wheel & test the left.

Nova_Tek
29-10-11, 08:43 PM
Just keep turning left! lol

Jack the car up till the wheel is off the ground, grab the wheel top/bottom or side/side and see if there is play in the wheel. If there is play then a bearing is likely the cause.

Jon_nova1
02-11-11, 07:08 PM
how are your brakes? have you noticed any difference with foot travel?

grichie87
15-12-11, 12:42 AM
CVs or wheel bearing

Danny s-p
15-12-11, 01:00 AM
Just keep turning left! lol

or remove vibrator from your bum as you keep turning it on as you turn in ?????