PDA

View Full Version : The reason why I'm skint...

TeddyThom
29-10-11, 12:27 AM
This is the reason as to why I have no monies for the next fortnight and today was payday.

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy173/teddythom/starsilvernova1.jpg
http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy173/teddythom/starsilvernova2.jpg

Nice and tidy. Few little dinks and dents but nothing to worry too much about. Pretty damn clean as well. Very little bit of surface rust but nothing to worry about, boot is solid, battery tray is solid, arches are solid. Runs nicely. Only downside for the moment is a rear wheel bearing has gone. Going to get some more looks under the wings etc tomorrow. MOT til June next year, went through the last two MOTs with NO advisories which surprised me. Plenty or service history etc. Even the original bill of sale.

Proper chuffed with it, shame it is a Mark 2 but needs must. I am a Mark 1 man preferably. But this came up at a nice price and was too good to refuse.

Just need to sort out the bearing, tax it and insure, and away I go!

Happy days.

Iain
29-10-11, 12:30 AM
Nice find if it's all solid and rear arches etc are good, a few weeks of skintness will be worth it lol

LEWI007
29-10-11, 12:45 AM
Looks nice and clean, id get under it and re underseal everything good and proper and make sure it stays in that condition.

Get us some photos us once you have a look under the wings etc..

pyromaniac_yeti
30-10-11, 08:15 AM
Still think you're a sod for persuading me to ignore swmbo and get another one!

In all seriousness for the money involved that car was bargain of the century...still, get it on the ramps Thursday and give it a good going over methinks.

Nobby
30-10-11, 09:32 AM
looks a good buy pal nice colour!

TeddyThom
30-10-11, 09:42 AM
Still think you're a sod for persuading me to ignore swmbo and get another one!

In all seriousness for the money involved that car was bargain of the century...still, get it on the ramps Thursday and give it a good going over methinks.

Haha! Shut up Iain, you know want that TD ;)

I'll be having a look don't you worry about that.

Can't wait to get the damned thing road legal now... I hate insurance being so damned expensive :(

Mieran
30-10-11, 09:43 AM
Looks alright, just needs a wing