PDA

View Full Version : Will It Fit Under The Bonnet

SKoob
11-07-03, 01:17 PM
Right I posted on here ages ago about getting an air filter for me 1.3SR with a weber 32/34. I decided to go with K&N, the trouble is whats the max height that the filter can be, they stopped doing the 45mm one and the next one in height thats still being made is 54mm. will this fit under the bonnet :?

The thin i got at the moment on there is this

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1200

DUNOVA.
11-07-03, 01:18 PM
My mates got a webber carb on his and he's got a ramair on his and it fit's not to sure about k&n

SKoob
11-07-03, 03:30 PM
Sorted, got on the blower to a garage near me that stocks ITG air filters, they do 24mm height ones. They appear to be a better design than K&N as they allow air in at every angle apart from where the baseplate is. 8)

mikeoxford
12-07-03, 12:50 PM
Sorted, got on the blower to a garage near me that stocks ITG air filters, they do 24mm height ones. They appear to be a better design than K&N as they allow air in at every angle apart from where the baseplate is. 8)

same design as ram air....... best ones on the makret according to velos as u quite rightly said - max air flow...................

other option if you have that top box - is a k&n 57i same as a gte on the end of a pipe - will make a lurvely noise, but again will hinder performance as air has further to travel down a pipe and also round bends etc