PDA

View Full Version : Naughty Word ****ing dvla

turbojolt
26-10-11, 10:58 AM
just gave me a 80 quid fine for the nova i had it sorn a couple months ago and there saying i havent, this is all i ****ing need right now more fines and bills :cry:

mowgli
26-10-11, 11:13 AM
do you have a copy of your sorn? if not, then you will be done

Calamity Josh
26-10-11, 11:18 AM
the've done exactly the same thing with mine!!!! i had the email they sent me but no letter so i just printed the email and havn't heard back

turbojolt
26-10-11, 11:19 AM
not sure if they sent it out ffs

Keif
26-10-11, 11:21 AM
Did you SORN it on-line?

turbojolt
26-10-11, 11:23 AM
phone

Calamity Josh
26-10-11, 11:36 AM
There was a programme on tv about this the other day about how their trying to rip everyone for every penny they can

turbojolt
26-10-11, 11:40 AM
i have no pennys tho lol, just payed my council tax so well and truly in the red now life is great

thedjse
26-10-11, 11:43 AM
They are doing this to me atm now they are sending debt collectors IDIOTS!!!! ****ing hate the DVLA

DAFTJOHN
26-10-11, 12:04 PM
phone

I'd imagine they'd record calls - should do. I'd respond to them saying it's done, if it isn't they've messed up and back date.....plus ask for an recording of the call.

They're ****s - sent me 2 letters saying there was an error on my license and I was to send mine back and they would return a new one. I said no, that they send me my new one first and I return the one with the error - heard nowt back in over 4 months

Jack
26-10-11, 12:13 PM
The problem is they say 'calls may be recorded for training purposes', so conveniently when you need to reference a call, they don't have it. lol

All the more reason to do this in person either at a local office, Post office or via t'interwebs tbh. If it was paid tax I'd say you could use your bank statement as proof, but being as SORN is free (wonder how long that'll last lol) that option is out :(

mowgli
26-10-11, 12:15 PM
I played some idiot up the other week when they tried to pull the data protection trick by pointing out that my records were held on a database & under the data protection act, i couldn't tell them either...

Peanut_119
26-10-11, 12:17 PM
after reading all these i'm expecting problems when my licence is up for renewal in a few months :(

Novasport
26-10-11, 02:37 PM
It was on Watchdog the other week, go on their website and see if there is any advise on there.

Alex J
26-10-11, 04:00 PM
lol mr turbo banned

swedge
26-10-11, 04:04 PM
the doovla are crap, i sent of my documents aaaaaages ago to change it to a 1.4 waited a month and got nothing back so called them

oh we havent got your documents, must have got loast in the post

i wasnt paying for another set and 2 weeks later my documents came back saying i needed a receipt etc for the engine change. hmm i thought you didnt have them lol

now im gonna have to do it again for the 2.0

mowgli
26-10-11, 04:28 PM
you lot call them names, but they backdated my v5 for 7 years with no sorn fees

TeddyThom
26-10-11, 04:31 PM
They have their moments. Useless for the most part. I'm surprised I didn't get a bollocking for cancelling the insurance before the tax had expired and the sorn kicked in. Or haven't they dropped that law into effect yet??

moffat
26-10-11, 05:34 PM
lol mr turbo banned

see alot of folk getting banned recently

Stuart
26-10-11, 05:39 PM
the infractions system rocks :)

mowgli
26-10-11, 05:44 PM
tbh he's lasted longer between bans than any previous time

windfreek
26-10-11, 06:00 PM
when me n the mrs got married, we went to change her name over, so sent the marriage cert special delivery with a special delivery pre-paid Self addy envelope inside, her docus came back a month or so later, but no cert, we called them about it and they said they hadnt done a name change???? confused i spoke to a manager who said they would get back to me about it, 2 months later a letter arrived saying "we have sent it and heres the tracking info and date it was sent back to you" except there was a blank space on the letter where you would expect them to have inserted the tracking info, so another call later they said they would get back to me..... the next letter then stated, "we are happy to have resolved your complaint, many thanks etc etc" so another call later to the same manager for the 3rd time and i asked to speak to his manager, he refused and said it was all sorted, so i just called him a fu**ing tw*t for losing the original wedding cert and suggested he go screw his mother.

needless to say im still waiting for the cert lol

Spudly
26-10-11, 06:52 PM
Ive just acquired myself a fine from the theiving gits that are the dvla, according to new regs when you sell a car thats on SORN, the SORN becomes invalid and needs to be re-declared by the new keeper, i had no knowledge of this reg, nor was i forewarned and a SORN reminder wasnt sent to me, so because of this my nova has been unlicenced since july and they want £40 from me (half the £80 if i pay within a certain time) and £35 backdated tax, bunch of robbing tossers imo!

Btw why is TJ banned, i thought he was behaving himself (and someone forgot to put a thread in admin saying why :p)

MK999
26-10-11, 08:10 PM
the infractions system rocks :)

Actually get proper hofficial tellings off from the forum software now? lol

Bubba
26-10-11, 08:18 PM
ive still got mine just because jack wanted to try it out lol

Hobbit
26-10-11, 08:48 PM
I've got loads from Jack and Stuart from when they were trying them out lol

ps Spud, you can view what infractions people have via their profile.

swedge
27-10-11, 06:28 AM
i got banned for a day for 1 small post but people post in the testing part and get nothing?????????

Jack
27-10-11, 08:08 AM
i got banned for a day for 1 small post but people post in the testing part and get nothing?????????
Hmm, haven't been in there for a while. Off to the testing forum I go with the banstick lol

Keif
27-10-11, 09:00 AM
Good man Jack. :thumb:

Hmmmm TJ, the chap who doesn't care about rep, but leaves (neg) rep to people (me). :roll:

mowgli
27-10-11, 09:09 AM
Keif, we all know you can be a grump, but i'd never neg rep you...lol

Stuart
27-10-11, 09:11 AM

err yes they do.... get over it.

Keif
27-10-11, 09:11 AM
Keif, we all know you can be a grump, but i'd never neg rep you...lol

lol

turbojolt
27-10-11, 12:49 PM
My own fault thought the c word I used would be blocked out but it wasn't

And Keith I don't remember negging you I must have been all drunk