PDA

View Full Version : Where is the oil coming from?

mattcogg
11-07-03, 11:47 AM
Ok, changed rocker as small amount was coming out of there. Had the crankshaft oil seal checked and was "told" it was ok. Changed oil filter and sump gasket yesterday and it's still leeking today. Not happy :evil: Oil seems to be collecting on the fly wheel cover plate and dripping down what does that mean? Sump plug has been changed as well. After really long trips at high speeds the oil seems to piss out. Oil all over my drive and I am not very happy! Can anyone help?

Matt :evil: :evil: :evil:

Dicko
11-07-03, 12:09 PM
u say uv had crankshaft oil seal checked

there is 2 you know, 1 each end, and as seen as your geting oil on flywheel cover its gonna be that 1 (worst possible place)

burgessovsalford
11-07-03, 04:11 PM
Is it defo engine oil because if could be gearbox oil in that area aswell? Check the oil levels if you have'nt already done it...

locky
11-07-03, 04:58 PM
Distributor oil seal!
Thats a very likely cause, easy 2 change at a cheap price 2!
Make sure u mark it b4 u take it off!

mattcogg
14-07-03, 04:01 PM
Not gearbox oil checked it, distributor is dry as a bone! Oil on the back of the fly wheel which then leeks onto cover plate and then rolls down to the lowest point and drips. If it is the crankshaft oil seal should I start to cry? Is there any other way of stopping the leak bar gearbox coming out! Please help!

Matt :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ste_Nova
14-07-03, 04:15 PM
take both the covers off (i run no covers to keep the clutch cool while towing)

wash it then see where the oil is comign from