PDA

View Full Version : ***Master Cylinders AGAIN! Difference!***

whitey
11-07-03, 02:18 AM
Ive heard many say that they are the same on all novas!

But its weird how their is 12 'different' ones on the EPC.

Would anyone enlighten me as to whether it would be silly and wasting time to change my current one for the one that came with my newer gsi servo!

I know you can use a cavvy non ABS one, just want to know for sure if its best to JUST change the servo and that the current modulators/cylinder are fine with the new servo!

Just confused because I am repeatedly seeing "GSI" master cylinders for sale at quite high prices!

Cheers in advance

Whitey

Dicko
11-07-03, 09:33 AM
its possible diff 1s send diff pressures to front/back like balance.

i know for a fact that the piston on gte/gsi front callipers are bigger than models such as 1.2/1.3. and im pretty sure the rear brake pistons are the same size on all models

so what im thinking is diff masters are designed to produce the correct amount of pressure front/back.

only thing i can think of so far anywyas :D

rgv_stu
11-07-03, 01:41 PM
well that doesnt make sense dicko as its split in the master cyl to do opposite corners

Stuart
11-07-03, 02:58 PM
erm the "regulators" will determine the front brake pressure, and the cylinder should be the same all through the range.

bigger servos are for bigger wusses lol

Ste_Nova
11-07-03, 05:05 PM
the are 5 kinds the full 12 includes lhd ones aswell... the 5 kinds cover the differernt years of servo.... the later black servos only have one kind

and 2 are nls so that makes 3

http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/upload/s/servos.jpg

http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/upload/s/servos.jpg

whitey
12-07-03, 10:23 AM
So you would say leave the current master cylinder there along with the current modulators?

mikeoxford
12-07-03, 12:40 PM
:lol: methinks i told u all this on msn whitey!!!!!!!!

whitey
12-07-03, 03:17 PM
Come off it mike I read the post on here less than a month ago, you were completely ablivious too and only a few peeps posted then.

Stop trying to say I told you so when somebody else told you and you wernt really sure yourself!

mikeoxford
13-07-03, 11:15 PM
Come off it mike I read the post on here less than a month ago, you were completely ablivious too and only a few peeps posted then.

Stop trying to say I told you so when somebody else told you and you wernt really sure yourself!

:lol:

easy tiger!

on msn all i said to you was i aint so sure BUT chances are it is because they come with difrent modulators pre installed. - you cannae deny that!

never even thought about left hand and right hand drive though :lol: