PDA

View Full Version : jury service

nans_nova
23-10-11, 04:23 PM
ive got to do jury service monday and unsure wot to expect and what i should be wearing for this ?

Balley
23-10-11, 04:28 PM
Hopefully it will be an easy one chap. My teacher had to do one for two works, was a sick twisted murder case, and Formal wear I would imagine. Good luck fella

Lewis.
23-10-11, 05:16 PM
I'd say smart, shirt and tie sort of thing. I'd imagine they will explain everything when you get there, just dont talk to the defendant on facebook lol

Hopefully it will be an easy one chap. My teacher had to do one for two works, was a sick twisted murder case, and Formal wear I would imagine. Good luck fella

That was Hardy wasn't it, Dan? His jury duty was one of the reasons we both failed our german GCSE's as badly as we did lol

mowgli
23-10-11, 05:36 PM
dress smartish, as already said....

then don't bother telling us anything until the case is over & sentencing is done, or the jury has been officially stood down.

this is something serious & one word outside the court could put you in nick....

in fact, i'm not sure you should have even put anything on here.....

Iain
23-10-11, 05:50 PM
Tracksuit bottoms should be fine mate.

L14MNP
23-10-11, 05:50 PM
Don't take any pictures either! lol

turbojolt
23-10-11, 06:01 PM
mate tell us everything so we can help you make judgment, its the smart thing to do lol

swedge
23-10-11, 06:17 PM
Tracksuit bottoms should be fine mate.

reebok classics ftw lol

mowgli
23-10-11, 06:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjP8LqSPj8A

Lewis.
23-10-11, 06:38 PM
mate tell us everything so we can help you make judgment, its the smart thing to do lol

lmao PNG would be on the news lol have some repz

Bubba
23-10-11, 07:07 PM
hes guilty :) simples...home in time for tea

Stuart
23-10-11, 07:54 PM
Informing of JS is fine, but details will land you in prison, and I for one would give up all details the police request from this place if need be.

L14MNP
23-10-11, 08:08 PM
Informing of JS is fine, but details will land you in prison, and I for one would give up all details the police request from this place if need be.

It's your HDD you want to worry about them laying their hands on... lol

Stuart
23-10-11, 08:09 PM
nothing illegal... just morally wrong :p

L14MNP
23-10-11, 08:12 PM
I never said there was. :|

I look at it like marrying a sexy cousin. lol

phazer
23-10-11, 09:48 PM
When I had to serve I went smart. Loads of people didn't bother. I went for trousers and shirt after that. It's a serious thing so I'd rather people thought I took it that way.

As said you can tell who you like you have to serve, not a word to anyone about details until the case is over though and then you shouldn't discuss certain details (the judge will re-iterate expectations at appropriate times). You'll be given all the info you need when you arrive. Expect some sitting around and for things to get chopped and changed around last minute.

Overall I enjoyed mine, it was a very interesting and challenging experience despite having to sit on two thoroughly unpleasant cases.