PDA

View Full Version : vinyl wrapping

turbojolt
22-10-11, 07:28 PM
Couple questions

How long does it take?
How much would it cost to wrap a mx5 hardtop roughly?
what kind of finish should I expect from it?

Cheers guys and girls

turbojolt
22-10-11, 07:30 PM
Forgot to mention anyone know of some were good to.do.it in or around the east midland

Benn
22-10-11, 08:28 PM
Well it's vinyl so the finish isn't great, shine wise, orange peely.
My old 09 work was was wrapped, done start oh jan 09, when i gave it back in may 11 it had a few edges peeling but nothing major.

Stuart
22-10-11, 08:34 PM
Depends on what you buy, cast vinyl is much much better for surface finish than the polymerics.

for something as simple as an MX5 hardtop, I'd just spunk the £20 on some VWS2 from KPMF and have a crack at it yourself, lots of videos on youtube etc on how to do it. Just need a felt squeedgy and a hair dryer (hot air guns are too vicious unless you have an adjustable one to 50deg)

turbojolt
22-10-11, 08:41 PM
might give it a try then if i cant get it done on the cheap

Stuart
22-10-11, 08:42 PM
imho you wont get it done 'cheap'.... everyone is getting in on the wrapping game and costs are mental

turbojolt
22-10-11, 08:54 PM
only thing is i know im going to be **** at it i find wallpaper taxing lol and im man enough to admit my own short comings and not even bover trying lol

Stuart
22-10-11, 09:15 PM
Its hard, I give you that. I tried doing the hard parts of the VX to work out if I could be assed to do the whole thing.... made a mess and gave up.

BUT for simple things its actually easy :)

turbojolt
22-10-11, 09:28 PM
might give it a try on my xbox or something as i dont want to mess up and ruin the mazda when im trying to sell it lol