PDA

View Full Version : corsa 1.7 turbo diesel overheating

Ron
20-10-11, 08:03 PM
i have a corsa diesel that i have converted to 1.7 turbo diesel it fuel upped and 25psi boost
n/a inlet, front mounted intercooler i have removed thermostat fitted new rad and waterpump new coolent and flush engine out and has a 9in fan wired in on a switch i have also sniff tested it for head gasket issues and it said it was ok and it is still over heating if you are steady with the throttle the fan will keep on top of it but if you pin it with in 1/4 of a mile i have to back off and put the heated on or if i cruise at 80mph ish then it also cant keep up and over heats

has anyone had this problem with this engine before or have any problems with water flow within the coolent system

cheers for any help much appreciated

davidfox280585
20-10-11, 11:11 PM
all these seem to do it,
i have had loads of corsa tds with 1.7 in,they just dont seem to have big enough radiators as these engines seem to run hot

my cav well now jacks climbs upto 100 on hils and then creeps back down i never used to blink an eyelid when it hit hundred degrees

General Baxter
20-10-11, 11:18 PM
here we go again

the oil cooler is WATER cooled, more boost more heat, simples,

you problem seems water pump ish tbh

Ron
20-10-11, 11:21 PM
oil cooler was my next thought oil to air front mounted and going to put twin fans on

General Baxter
20-10-11, 11:37 PM
as long as it dont go into the red, i would not touch it tbh

turn the boost and fuel back to 8psi, and see if it still over heats

Ron
20-10-11, 11:55 PM
it is back to 12psi now coz i fitted to intercooler and the clutch started to slip but went college today and it was ok for a bit but after 10 -15minutes at 80mph it got to 100 but its ok if its at 90ish it stays there for most the time but if the heat builds up after a quick blast eg overtaking it hard to cool it back down