PDA

View Full Version : Britain gone mad

bai1ey
19-10-11, 02:01 PM
Just watching the news and there has been a call for a cull in deers, because they are causing
a problem when they cross roads ect. This makes me very angry there are road signs to warn motorist
of where deer may be crossing so slow down in them areas. There is no need to cull them.
Britain used to be so proud of its wildlife and heritage and it seems that the modern 'man' has no time for
the presevation of British history and heritage nowadays in this money matters socity.

In the same news broadcast there bringing in a horse inpound law that lets councils take horses that are
teatherd on public grounds and move them to a stable for wants of a better word. Is it just me or does
this sound ludacris when i was a child many of hours where spent playing with the horse the the travellers tied in the layby near the field of my grandad.
Maybe it is just me being brought up in the country that thinks this is all getting to far and is the goverment
trying to stop an sort of past time.
Fox hunting is already gone and fishing will be next you already have to have a
license for it. You have to have a license for shooting game and permission to be on the game keepers land.
I remember my great grandad telling me storys of shooting a coulple of pigiouns for a pie or rabbits to keep
you in meat for a few days. I cant help but think if you get seen doing this these days you will be reported
and have a visit from the local bobby. this makes me very sad indeed.
Anyway sorry for the rant. Had to vent it somewhere. Thanks for reading Bailey

Alex J
19-10-11, 02:26 PM
i dont like horses so i dont care lol

mowgli
19-10-11, 02:35 PM
bailey... the deer on the sign actually means wildlife in general... not just deer...

it is a fact, that in parts of britain, there are way too many deer, and in scotland, they are a menace. the old country estates aren't controlling them like they used to, and the populations are growing massively...

re the travellers horses... they are usually stolen & being fattened up or bred from for the horse meat trade.. a lot of horses get sold to go into dog food..

when you were a kid, the travellers were most likely old style romanies, and on the whole, they are absolutely fine, there is a romany family camping on a wide verge about a mile from here, and they are causing no trouble, there are no crimes being reported.. they go round the farms buying scrap & weighing it in.. its the 'travellers' that you need to watch out for...

bai1ey
19-10-11, 02:43 PM
mowgli i suppose i am stuck in a by gone age that i was not even born into when travellers(romanies and other wise) could be trusted i have never had a problem with any travellers but then i have asways been involded with local travellers. And big estate welcomed people to come shooting not charge the 1000's and 1000's of pounds just for a weekend of 'sport shooting' for game and deer as such i have no problem with controling deer stocks as it has always been done. Its is a culling of deers that make me mad because as always people have the go ahead to kill something that is otherwise protected so it will be hunted into a inch o extiction.

mowgli
19-10-11, 02:48 PM
bailey, deer populations will never die out in this country, they just want to lower the population a bit.

Alex J
19-10-11, 02:50 PM
deer taste nice aswell!!, only like eating a cow or pig, no one gets upset about that when your tucking into a big mac

bai1ey
19-10-11, 02:52 PM
i am not against killing them for food i am agaist culling them i just dont agree yes thin them out over a period of time but surly to god a culling is not in order

mowgli
19-10-11, 02:56 PM
well, due to the last few decent warm winters, they have reached population explosion levels. this is a managed cull, we won't be seeing thousands of marauding idiots giving it rambo across the highlands.. it will be a deliberate & considered cull using sharpshooters to take out the necessary male & female deer numbers.

Nebbz
19-10-11, 02:58 PM
My gypsy vanner is one of those tethered horses foals. unfortunatly these days although alot of pikeys are proud of their stock they do get abandond and if they are theatherd and no where near water, and the grass is not sufficiant and the shelter is unsufficent the RSPCA have every right to remove, and being their there illigaly (god knows how being horses arnt taxed)

the deer thing...i agree its retarded...its not hard to slow down but people are arrogant beings and dont care, cull it, kill it off its fine. apparently

I say bring back fox hunting, as i cant stand the red vermin *******s, they cause more trobble than they are worth and being they dont really have any natural preditors they are thriving! it was helping keep the population down.

if u wana go shooting, where i keep my horses the owner allows it as cant stand rabbits on his land (they tear it up and cause ruts)

Nebbz
OH and damage hedges lol

bai1ey
yes but with it being all over the news people will be going out to find deer and ramboing across the highlands as you put(by the way this made me laugh quite alot).
it just seem that if there is a reason people will jump on the bandwagon these days again might just be me

Nebbz
19-10-11, 03:00 PM
course they will! look at all the chavs...emos...goths all follow the trend, obviously the new one is to be a farrrmer (southern accent)

bai1ey
19-10-11, 03:02 PM
if u wana go shooting, where i keep my horses the owner allows it as cant stand rabbits on his land (they tear it up and cause ruts)

where we used to have our field it was on a railway bank and it was riddled as was our field we had animals but we also had a small keg patch and it was always targetted by the little tickes. if i lived abit closer to bristol ot 6 hrs aways i might take you up on the shooting land lol

mowgli
19-10-11, 03:04 PM
bailey, considering the thread about guns... only a sniper style rifle operated by a ghillie will actually get to kill these deer.. they will run from the scent of a human from about 1/2mile.... and then the gun going off will scare any others away. its just a sensationalist headline...

bai1ey
19-10-11, 03:13 PM
ok you have a point but it wont stop people trying you now aswell as i do it wont. and again going back to the gun thread these are the sort of people that shouldnt be allowed a gun. Trying to shoot a deer with a air rifle, crossbow or compound bow/ longbow is just silly and if you do manage to hit it. it may cause injury, it may not depending on the strike zone i.e if it gets the deer in the eyes it just gonna cause the deer pain. this isnt culling it is crulty. as you say if it is regulated and done by the right means it will be relitivly painless for the deer. This should be took into account by the councils befour releasing to the press that it is going to happern. sorry but people will try and you know they will

Alex J
19-10-11, 03:22 PM
i say kill and eat everything, nom nom nom

mowgli
19-10-11, 03:25 PM
bailey, its not the councils that have spread it, its the news media with their various agendas... they have been having deer culls for centuries, just they never used to tell anyone..

bai1ey
19-10-11, 03:29 PM
the news has to get the info from somewhere i suppose it could of been leaked by somone in the right place again going back to the world being money hungry and not being bothered what or who they hurt on the way

Nebbz
19-10-11, 04:41 PM
where we used to have our field it was on a railway bank and it was riddled as was our field we had animals but we also had a small keg patch and it was always targetted by the little tickes. if i lived abit closer to bristol ot 6 hrs aways i might take you up on the shooting land lol

Lol yeah does help...well if ever in the area feel free...Im a crap shot at moving targets and half the rifels we have no the farm i cant use as they are too big for me :( im stuck with the smallest which is a bb gun Sigh

bai1ey
19-10-11, 04:46 PM
if you are looking for a good rifle Nebbz have a look at the crosman rabbit stopper quite effective up to 25yards.

oh and quite afordable to

Nebbz
19-10-11, 04:48 PM
i have short arms, so i would need to "test" in a shop...

bai1ey
20-10-11, 11:24 AM
i will get a pic of mine next to a normal size rifle later and show you i have the same problem of small arms. i have a webly stingray xs2 and a crosman rabbit stopper both quite small and easy to hanle i also have a real old El Gamo but you will be hard push to kill anything with the Gamo

Andy
20-10-11, 01:40 PM
Is it just me or does
this sound ludacris

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdfNeifa6-ZlxGqDL9RZpF5VdHXQefhy9G-aMrwm470EQERwWe.....

bai1ey
20-10-11, 01:48 PM
haha some one had to i suppose

skyinsurance
20-10-11, 02:29 PM
I support deer culls, they breed fast and the population can double/triple/quadruple very quickly indeed. The culls are designed to take out the lame and elderly and are usually done at the beginning of winter, the deer culled probably wouldn't live through the winter anyway.

Where my parents live (on the tip of Ashridge estate in Hertfordshire) the deer problem got so bad that it was almost impossible to drive down one stretch of road as dusk or dawn as the deer were everywhere. I've hit three deer in my driving life, they cause a hell of a lot of damage. I even had one try to jump through my open window and had hoof marks all down the inside of my drivers door card.. and a severly damaged Uno Turbo :mad: Another took out the rear panel, door, wing and front light of my old XR2 and finally another took out my front bumper and smashed my rad on an old Rover gti I had. There have been several bad injuries on this particular stretch of road and a couple of deaths.. if shooting a few decrepit or retarded deer ease the issue then I'm all for it.

Ollie

bai1ey
20-10-11, 02:53 PM
ollie i dont disagree with you or mowgli i disagree with it being all over the news for all to see and think lets go deer hunting.
As much as any one says it wont happern it will people see things like this and go 'hunting' as they see it with air rifles, shot guns, cross bows or long bows and cause injury to deer that other wise wound'nt be part of the culling process. I have never seen this on the news befour and cant help but think doing the cullign with minimal press contact will be bettter for every one.

the deer will not have to suffer unneeded injury and they wont be as weary for the 'sharp shooters' as mowgli would say to get a decent clear shot. Deer are naturally very weary animals and as mowgli said would probably scarper at even the sight of a person or single gun shot.

I am a sporting person and dont have a problem with controling stocks of any animal but surly there is a better way then speading it all over the news.

skyinsurance
20-10-11, 03:21 PM
ahh I see what you are saying but I dont think you'll get a load of locals heading up to the woods to shoot deer, it will be done by professionals in a very controlled and safe way.
The deer around my way are very tame indeed, they dont bat an eyelid at most things.. including an Uno Turbo travelling at 10mph with all windows open and 2 12" subs banging out old school happy hardcore at full volume.

bai1ey
20-10-11, 03:27 PM
lol i dont know but i suppose we will soon see.

Alex J
20-10-11, 03:27 PM
ahh I see what you are saying but I dont think you'll get a load of locals heading up to the woods to shoot deer, it will be done by professionals in a very controlled and safe way.
The deer around my way are very tame indeed, they dont bat an eyelid at most things.. including an Uno Turbo travelling at 10mph with all windows open and 2 12" subs banging out old school happy hardcore at full volume.you have an uno turbo up your way? pic or gtfoh!!

bai1ey
20-10-11, 03:28 PM
no a deer killed it lol

skyinsurance
20-10-11, 05:41 PM
no a deer killed it lol

It tried!

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h135/retrocarrestoration/Uno.jpg

It was this one.. managed to get a new door and wing at a scrappy thankfully, and the door cards cleaned up.. I needed some new underpants though! If I could have done, I would have chased that ruddy dear into the woods and killed it with my own hands.

Bubba
20-10-11, 06:02 PM
i remember the germans once tried a cull...it turned out to be rather costly though lol

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=121885&stc=1&d=1200187409

Mike
20-10-11, 06:07 PM
A decorator that used to do work for me hit a deer at 80mph in Telford in a Mk3 Astra lol destroyed his car good style lol

mowgli
20-10-11, 06:43 PM
deer are really dangerous if hit when crossing the road, cos their long legs mean the majority of their weight is at windscreen height.. so the driver gets it