PDA

View Full Version : Attaching a GTE spoiler without the studs.

_Jake
18-10-11, 08:24 PM
Just bought a GTE spoiler off colin on here (novarally) It doesnt have the full length studs on it, so short of me welding some newuns on tomorrow, is there any alternatives that people have done that work? Cheers.

Pistol Pete
18-10-11, 08:29 PM
Tigerseal???

Novasport
18-10-11, 08:32 PM
Yep, Sikaflex. Just don't expect to get it of again, EVER!

_Jake
18-10-11, 08:36 PM
Tigerseal???
Was under the impression it didnt really work?

& Novasport, i dont plan too :P

Novasport
18-10-11, 08:53 PM
Its the same stuff they bond windscreens in with, it sets like solid rubber & sticks like sh!t to a blanket.

mowgli
18-10-11, 08:58 PM
just make sure both mating surfaces are really clean & oil/wax free before applying the sealant.

if there are still short bolt stubs, why not use them to locate the spoiler when fixing it on..

also use electrical tape to hold it on place till the sealant cures.

_Jake
18-10-11, 08:59 PM
just make sure both mating surfaces are really clean & oil/wax free before applying the sealant.

if there are still short bolt stubs, why not use them to locate the spoiler when fixing it on..

also use electrical tape to hold it on place till the sealant cures.
Awesome the boot shall be clean as hopefully it will be freshly sprayed tommorrow, Thanks for the tips everyone.

Novasport
18-10-11, 09:13 PM
Just make sure it is prepped & painted well as the paint is more likely to come off than the bonding lol

_Jake
18-10-11, 09:14 PM
Just make sure it is prepped & painted well as the paint is more likely to come off than the bonding lol
Im a welder, not a painter so i cant garuntee that lol