PDA

View Full Version : x20xev to a c20let

chambers1984
18-10-11, 07:33 PM
iv got a c20let in my car at the min but want to fit steel rods bigger turbo ect. so i thought i would start with a std bottom end and build it to a good spec then i could sell my c20let when the other engine is ready. so was going to start with a cheap x20xev bottom end but got told the oil ways needs modding does any1 no if this is true think its the relief valve in the block what needs drilling out as the xev one is smaller? :thumb:

chambers1984
22-10-11, 09:43 PM
??????????

philip
23-10-11, 07:22 AM
if stating from ground up...find a cheap XE, drill the block for oil return and jobs a good un. if need rods, pistons, springs, etc i can supply. just drop a pm of what spec, power, budget and can work something out.

chambers1984
23-10-11, 06:37 PM
ye mate was going to start from scratch. i wanted to stay std bore size thats all its getting hard to find a xe that dont need a rebore and the xev bottom ends are dirt cheap as i only need the block.

philip
27-10-11, 11:11 AM
ive not seen the xev block..or if i have cant remember them. why do you want to stay on standard bore btw? safer bet if buying forged pistons anyway to go to 86.5mm or 87mm with a overbore, atleast then you know the bores are definetely spot on thats all.

steveboyslim
27-10-11, 11:47 AM
There are too many differences between the XE/LET bottom end and the XEV bottom end, examples being crank with six bolts for the flywheel instead of eight, smaller crank nose for the timming belt pulley, oil gallery on way valve as you mentioned, some blocks are open deck making them weaker, some need M8 fixings for the sump.
It is possible just not worth it as they will be as worn as XE blocks.
If you are going to use h section steel rods you should also use new pistons on a fresh rebore.
Any more information please pm me.

Steve