17-10-11, 11:02 PM
ummm wtf lol

Bubba
17-10-11, 11:03 PM
its ****

/close thread lol

brainsnova
17-10-11, 11:05 PM
Only bit I liked was the viper on the run from the chopper. The test track is a fooling joke I've seen better go kart tracks

turbojolt
17-10-11, 11:16 PM
i know topgear is scripted but atless it all flows unlike these yankie doo dars lmfao

bai1ey
17-10-11, 11:21 PM
what a crock of sheite

mowgli
18-10-11, 07:39 AM
i know topgear is scripted but atless it all flows unlike these yankie doo dars lmfao

real top gear isn't exactly scripted... they get scenarios & topics, then they start adlibbing.. thats what makes it funny.. ok, most of the challenges are written with an agenda, ie. the renault family car being tuned up to attempt to beat an evo, was to prove a point....but the aussie one was total shyte.. i thought they just recorded the uk top gear, but did a seperate piece to camera with words like hood, fender, transmission etc.....for the yank market.

Nebbz
18-10-11, 09:02 AM
i saw a clip of it, and decided there and then im not watching it, there actually trying too hard to be like our 3, America has no such thing as each to their own hey

Paul
18-10-11, 09:52 AM
Tanner foust is the man!

scott.parker
18-10-11, 09:59 AM
Is that who did 180mph?

Stuart
18-10-11, 10:12 AM
I thought it was 'better' than UK TG lol

shorter which is nice and 'real' cars.
Vipers are dirt cheap!!!

L14MNP
18-10-11, 03:31 PM
What a fcukload of ass that was!

Wooden audience, and presenters with no charisma. I won't be watching that again.

scott.parker
18-10-11, 03:38 PM
TBH i thought it was alright, but then i think UK TG has gone ****ing mental some times theres episodes where you watch it and think, WTF are they doing and why??
The train cars is one i hated...

L14MNP
18-10-11, 03:52 PM
The Americans have tried and failed to copy the format. TG is nothing but a franchise now, you knew what was coming in last nights all the way through. lol

Personally, I watch TG (UK) for a laugh these days, and nothing more. It annoys me slightly when they try and convince you they have just completed a non-stop race or similar though. Sure, with 300 static cameras and a 200mph Range Rover camera car! lol

IMO one of the very best Top Gear episodes didn't even use cars! The Vietnamese scooter ep was great. As was the Bolivian rainforest one.

The Americans calling the Viper 'fake' after informing us it had no driver aids and a rear wheel drive V10? Hmmmm :/ lol

Nova_Tek
18-10-11, 04:10 PM
My verdict after seeing one show - It's OK at best.

Audience - Unresponsive and boring and half of them look like they hate cars!
Presenters - Try and be funny and when they are a 'bit' funny the audience don't get it lol
Production - As always and like TG UK the filming is great with all the nice production values that we get over here.
TG Test Track US - Looks wierd
The Stig - is fat!

One thing I have to say is that some of the roads they have in the US will simply mean they'll probably be able to do more stuff and have more 'fun' with the cars coz they have deserts and many air fields with no one around. I'll still watch it but I'll always be comparing and slating it.

L14MNP
18-10-11, 04:13 PM
Production - As always and like TG UK the filming is great with all the nice production values that we get over here.

I'll still watch it but I'll always be comparing and slating it.

Buster became a gearhead! lol

Agreed on production. Some very nice camera work, especially of the Viper. Then again, it's part of the franchise though. lol

Nova_Tek
18-10-11, 04:18 PM
Not too bothered about it being a franchise tbh but it doesn't flow well like TG UK - It's mainly the presenters. It may get better over time but for now that's what I think of it.

mowgli
18-10-11, 04:28 PM
the reason it doesn't flow is that its made for american tv, and they have about 20mins of ads per hour, so it is made in bite size chunks to fit the ad breaks.

just watch any discovery type 1 hr show, except the one that spielberg did about rebuilding ground zero, which was incredible, and there is always loads of padding after the break to make the show long enough.

moffat
18-10-11, 05:38 PM
watched it the other day and thought it was rubbish, total rip off of our show which tbh i still think is pretty good

mowgli
18-10-11, 05:41 PM
its not a rip off, top gear sold the format to them....

Nova_Tek
18-10-11, 05:44 PM
^ he ain't lying... it's BBC World Productions.

mowgli
18-10-11, 05:45 PM
there are actually strict rules covering the licencing of bbc products... hence the story the other day about tom tom scrapping tens of thousands of clarkson voiced satnavs, as it broke the bbc's rules & it was the bbc who had agreed the deal

nova_saloon
22-10-11, 08:55 PM
i got annoyed, im in the media industry and i was unsure how they could put that on are tellys, It had been terrible converted from NTSC to PAL. everything was jittery so nothing was smooth and i had to turn it off before i had an epileptic fit. The worst bit was when i saw the red Mitsubishi go past and it just didnt go past in a smooth motion it jumped the entire way, and if it wasnt the coding then the people who filmed it have no idea had to see up the camera!!!! i would rant, but best not!

Benn
22-10-11, 09:22 PM
Thb, it wasn't that different to ours, crap joke, naff car testing, scripted everything.

Its not so much a car show.. As an entertainment show...

But at least they have a proper driver on there in Tanner foust.