PDA

View Full Version : stan the man

cabriolet
16-10-11, 03:17 PM
dunno if this is the place has anyone got the link for his and his girlfriends story the one where they just got together and she had a near fatal accident

Alex J
16-10-11, 03:44 PM
http://horrornews.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/omg_wtf_cat.jpg

Spudly
16-10-11, 03:46 PM
Yes this was the place, but we have had a forum upgrade and it still has a few issues with the search, being it shows only posts made since the new board went active, and posts from when the original board went live about ten or so years back lol

Iirc he is still on here and posts as 'Stanley' now, i think he made the heartfelt decision to walk away after many days/hours/weeks and indeed months of soul searching!

Was a heartfelt tale and makes me well up thinking back to it, from what i gathered from that and indeed his other posts, he seems a genuine caring guy, so it cannot have been an easy decision!

Alex J
16-10-11, 03:46 PM
http://catmacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/king_of_threads_cat.jpg

on a serious note, what is going on? please fill me in?

cabriolet
16-10-11, 03:50 PM
thanks spudly had a link to it but lost it in a computer crash it had me and my family in tears will search for it later

wwmnw
16-10-11, 04:00 PM
Its on Corsa sport, he stopped seeing her as felt he needed to get on with his life, I think he found a new girl too so he moved on. So yeah search for it on corsa sport.

Peanut_119
16-10-11, 04:09 PM
anybody got a link for this??

Stanley
16-10-11, 04:27 PM
Hey guys.

Its funny this should crop up. I was pouring my heart out just last night to someone about this.

To cut a VERY long story short,

I went out with a girl back at school, after school she moved up north and we lost contact. She has a long term relationship which eventually fell through and she moved back down here.

I randomly bumped into her and we immediately clicked again.
(http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=ag8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&sa=X&ei=p_OaTtz7Ec-v8QPcxJDPBQ&ved=0CCIQvwUoAQ&q=inseparable&spell=1)
The next two weeks we were inseparable and spent alot of time together.

One night i was DJing and she came along, and afterwards i stayed at hers.

As i had no car at the time, she drove me home (about 15 miles or so). I can remember sitting next to her thinking 'This is brilliant' etc. proper happy about the way things were going.

She dropped me off at my house and we said our goodbyes as per normal.

An hour later i got a call from one of her friends saying that Rach has been in a wee bump and asked if i could go check it out.

It later transpired that on her way home she had collided with a Renault Traffic on the brow of a hill head on. As you can imagine, her Citroen Saxo didnt fare well. She was trapped in the car unconscious for over an hour while they cut her from the wreckage. She broke both thighs, pelvis, both feet, right arm, ruptured her spleen and a rib. She also had a bad blow to the head.

That night in A&E, after hours of surgery to remove her spleen and pin and plate her legs, feet and arm, while unconscious, she fell into a coma.

Over the next 5 months she showed little to no improvement and also battled against MRSA. I had to borrow friends cars to travel the 250 mile round trip roughly every 2nd night to sit with her in the High Dependancy Unit in Edinburgh hospital and try to talk to her. Keep her updated with what was going on in the world and play her music. Anything to trigger a response. For anyone whos been in this position of talking to someone while in a coma, youll hopefully understand not only how hard this is, but how odd.

Welling up here....

She eventually did come out of the coma, but is so severely brain damaged that she needs 24/7 care.

Following this is kept visiting her as often as i could in the hope id get my Rach back.

This wasnt to be. She had come about 80% of the way shed ever come.

Again a while on, i had to make the decision to break up with her. A hard task when she cant even communicate, but can see you, hear you and understand every word you say.

Following this, there were numerous court cases where even i was put on the heat for supposedly putting the wrong pressure in her tyres etc which wasnt true.

Guilt etc got the better of me as i felt, and still feel guilty to this for what happened and i buried my head in the sand.

She is now in her local hospital which is in her home town and i hear she is making good progress. Her family are very near by constantly. I cant bring myself to go see her or her family. Th shame and guilt is too much to bare. Pansies way out i know, but i just cant.

Long winded story i know, but its the sort i cant just condense into a paragraph.

brownbear
16-10-11, 04:29 PM
Still makes me fill up. :(

Stanley
16-10-11, 04:33 PM
Me too......

wwmnw
16-10-11, 04:47 PM
Maybe you could ask how well she is getting on now, I imagine she still needs constant care and will do for the rest of her life?

It wouldn't hurt to ask but I can understand its a hard situation for you too.

Mike
16-10-11, 04:52 PM
Id hazard a guess & say she's probably missing you more then your missing her.

Burying your head in the sand when some one is in need aint the way to go IME. I watched 2 of my best childhood mates burn to death when I was younger, you just cant walk away from things like that, and things like the situation you in.

wwmnw
16-10-11, 05:02 PM
Id hazard a guess & say she's probably missing you more then your missing her.

Burying your head in the sand when some one is in need aint the way to go IME. I watched 2 of my best childhood mates burn to death when I was younger, you just cant walk away from things like that, and things like the situation you in.

Must have been a horrible event to witness.

General Baxter
16-10-11, 05:13 PM
do you lot remember aragon ?

Stanley
16-10-11, 05:14 PM
I do. Jail for killing his GF in a car accident if i remember right?

Thats going back in history!

Mike
16-10-11, 05:56 PM
do you lot remember aragon ?

Yeah, do remember that :(

wwmnw
16-10-11, 06:33 PM
Aragon was a member on here?

Mike
16-10-11, 07:03 PM
Aragon was a member on here?

Certainly was.

wwmnw
16-10-11, 07:10 PM
Not sure if I remember him or not. Think I do, or I've seen some old posts of his.

Mike
16-10-11, 07:15 PM
Not sure if I remember him or not. Think I do, or I've seen some old posts of his.

Waaay before your time mate.

Story for another day an all that anyway.

MK999
16-10-11, 07:21 PM
Waaay before your time mate.

Story for another day an all that anyway.

Flol at the mental image of "storytime with Mike" lol

Tanya.
16-10-11, 07:27 PM
How sad :(

I assume she can still read/write? Why not write her a letter if you can't face seeing her.

Spudly
16-10-11, 09:07 PM
Might be worth having a look in, you may be surprised at a warm welcome and id bet Rach would appreciate seeing you dude, but thats up to you in all fairness, the reminder has had me in tears already so god knows how you must be feeling right now!

And with regard to Aragorn, can we not mention that one any more please, too long winded and not mentioned on here through respect, thread closure will be applied if needed.

Stanley
16-10-11, 10:01 PM
This thread has really ****ed my head up again :-(

davidfox280585
16-10-11, 10:29 PM
I can relate to how you feel buddy,
at 16 i lived with my mother as i dont have a father,my mother was out celebrating with friends her birthday and came in drunk,she came into my room to say night and then left,
all i heard was a tumble as she fell down the stairs banging her head and putting her into a coma,
after 8 months after constantly visiting her and talking to her in her bed even though she was in a deep coma its something you need to do, after 9 month she came from a coma to be brain injured and wheelchair bound, i took her out on occasions pushing her round in her wheelchair, i was 16 at the time so i was able to take the house over while she was ill. I hated seeing her like this and really did make me feel sad.
a year passed with few complications blood clots kept appearing and she sadly departed from me, she was my world i was a real mummys boy and my best friend,all she ever did was work to give me and my sisters everything we ever wanted and just as we were getting old enough to give back our upbringing she was gone parentless in the big world at 18

Paul
16-10-11, 11:33 PM
Funnily enough, i thought about this yestaday @ lunch!

MK999
16-10-11, 11:36 PM
I had thought about it recently too, I think a lot of us have tbh. I don't think I ever commented on the original thread, but I did follow it, and following something like that through the eyes of someone most affected is certainly powerful.

Peanut_119
17-10-11, 04:21 AM
really makes you think don't it, and maybe a letter won't be such a bad idea if you can't face to see her. as its been said before its totally your decision.

one of my close friends has been jailed for "death by dangerous driving" although if she had a seat belt on things would of been alot different as he has is on and still lived.

Southie
17-10-11, 07:04 AM
Here's the old thread.
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?108321-My-Mrs-in-a-coma-after-car-crash