PDA

View Full Version : conversion drive shafts

Lewis.
15-10-11, 05:48 PM
I believe it is common knowledge that you can you use 22 spline GTE/GSI/TD shafts and outer CV's with MK2 cavalier 1.6 inner CV's. As I've just assembled my shafts using these parts, and found my F20 has 34 splines, and the cav inners only 22

Have I f*cked up and bought the wrong inner CV's, or have I got the only F20 ever made with 34 splines in the diff?

Balley
15-10-11, 06:36 PM
I think there nova cvs mate...

Lewis.
15-10-11, 07:34 PM
the inners? I asked monson's for the cav ones. but then brian is useless, and just gives you cortina parts regardless of what you want lol

chambers1984
15-10-11, 08:00 PM
the 22 spline shafts is the amount of teeth on the shaft not the cv if that make sence. so its the teeth on the cav cvs u need to check that go into the box. have u got a pic mate of the cv?

MK999
15-10-11, 08:07 PM
You need a very specific cavalier CV joint, mk2 1.6 big block (16SV). Most factors don't actually have them any more, but if you ask for Daewoo Nexia ones, they will magically find some exactly the same under different part numbers. Not sure what Nexia they're for though, possibly 1.5 rings a bell?

Andy
15-10-11, 08:16 PM
1.6mk2 Cav inner cv's are still easily available

Edd
15-10-11, 08:29 PM
Agreed

Part numbers are in the sticky in mechanical

Lewis.
16-10-11, 11:33 AM
the 22 spline shafts is the amount of teeth on the shaft not the cv if that make sence. so its the teeth on the cav cvs u need to check that go into the box. have u got a pic mate of the cv?

the F20 has 34 splines. yeah got a cv somewhere, i'll take a pic

You need a very specific cavalier CV joint, mk2 1.6 big block (16SV). Most factors don't actually have them any more, but if you ask for Daewoo Nexia ones, they will magically find some exactly the same under different part numbers. Not sure what Nexia they're for though, possibly 1.5 rings a bell?

that's what these are meant to be (at least that's what I asked for. I'm now of the opinion these are just GTE/GSI inner CV's. i'll go and throw them at the factors in the morning lol
i'll try the nexia ones if I have no luck finding cav ones, but...

Agreed

Part numbers are in the sticky in mechanical

...this is what I thought. I'll try and sort this out tomorrow.

you can all have some rep, ta :thumb:

Benn
16-10-11, 11:38 AM

Very true, but.

Shafttec, remy, drivelink. all list them with the part number Paul talks of, but none of them are correct. All have to little splines.

MK999
16-10-11, 12:30 PM
Very true, but.

Shafttec, remy, drivelink. all list them with the part number Paul talks of, but none of them are correct. All have to little splines.

I knew there was some issue that stopped you getting hold of them easily lol

Benn
16-10-11, 03:29 PM
Yeah, most seem to be big block both ends. Going by the splines... And that they fitted my spare Cav mk3 shafts.

Lewis.
16-10-11, 07:29 PM
Very true, but.

I think they are delco ones I have. they are 22 splines in and out, instead of 22 in and 34 out. i'm gonna have a look in the old books tomorrow and see what is what. idea why they are listed wrong dude?

Benn
16-10-11, 07:32 PM
Delco are Remy (Remy Delco)

I have no clue why they are listed wrong, they seem to think they are big block hug and gear box.

Lewis.
16-10-11, 10:22 PM
i thought so lol hmmm fair do's then, i'll do some detective work tomorrow then. Thanks Benn :)

Chrishowes
01-11-11, 05:06 AM
Does anyone know what engine size/ year dewoo nexia the CVs come from, wanted to see if local factors got them cheaper then the cav ones which at 66 quid a pop with a surplus charge of 20 quid without old CVs is rather silly imo

raf24
01-11-11, 09:28 AM
the delco part number is c24006k or drc24006k,both come up as the same, i work in a parts place and these are the ones i ordered(may also come up as xl as they are a delco remy company)

22 spline outer
34 spline g/box side

hope this helps

shed-on-wheels
01-11-11, 12:44 PM
i asked for mk2 cav 1.6 gl inners and came straight up on the comp