PDA

View Full Version : C16XE exhaust systems

mk1nova_rich
14-10-11, 10:22 PM
The exhaust I currently have on my car is a single box system, and it seems to be upsetting a few people recently with the noise.

I'm after a decent exhaust that flows well and won't sacrifice performance but isnt loud - maybe a lot to ask but I'm after some recommendations...both off the shelf or any good custom manufacturers. It needs to match a C16XE 4-2-1 manifold if its off the shelf.

I'm not fussy whether its mild steel or stainless, I just want to get the noise level down.

Any advice at all would be fantastic :thumb:

John
14-10-11, 10:37 PM
Magnex 3 box system. Just get your local exhaust place to mate the flanges.

Dayle_
15-10-11, 09:46 AM
We have a magnex 2 box system on ours and its brilliant. Nice and quiet really on idle just burbles away.

mk1nova_rich
15-10-11, 10:35 AM
Cheers Dayle, was that a direct fit off the shelf? Or did it need modifying?

John
15-10-11, 12:06 PM
Magnex only made them for the standard models, like i said, just take it to you local exhaust place and get them to mod the flange.

novalovingned
15-10-11, 10:09 PM
I also run a magnex 3 box system with the c16xe.

Nice burble on idle. Not loud if you don't want it to be. But on the other hand, if you really heat it up, it's at it's best imo not ridiculously loud but noticable, pops too :)

Mieran
15-10-11, 10:18 PM
I had 3 box Magnex on my Nova XE, was quite driving normally and sounded awesome on full chat!

Dayle_
16-10-11, 10:07 AM
It wasn't a direct fit, needed modding slightly but was not a bad job to do if you have a welder.

phazer
16-10-11, 10:16 AM
I've also got the Magnex system on mine. It's a GSI cat back setup. I had a downpipe and cat bypass made by a local firm so it mates up no problem.

As others have said its nice and quiet on the motorway until you really put your foot down and it's not chavvy around town.